Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A

(Topic created on: 14-11-2020 02:36 PM)
HannahTobyPreston
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a bit of an issue with my Galaxy Tab A 9.7 16GB, it has been working flawlessly and use it only at home for banking and such. Now the problem is I cannot clear cache, the entire internal memory is full, and I have uninstalled lots of apps that I never used and I only have a some left that I use regularly just to see if it would help. I do have an SD card that I have some documents and certain apps that I am allowed to move. My memory doesn't budge, it's impossible to clear cache, even after I remove some apps it is still the same. I then did a cache partition, but to no good it still doesn't help. 

Last night the memory was 15.38GB and over night it went to 15.73GB and when I press clear cache it stays the same, I am stuck and now I receive a warning that my device storage is full and some system apps might not work.

I have no idea what to do here because I have done what is supposed to be done and yet I am stuck with this memory.

I cannot install updates or  anything. 

Have no music on the tablet or anything that could take up space...I cleared downloads too, but like I said I have no idea how to solve this!? Do I have to do a factory reset?

6 REPLIES 6
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have the "device care " app showing on your tablet ?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I'm having the same problems on my Galaxy Tab A ill check device care
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Go to device care app select storage , advanced & internal shared storage . See what is filling up your storage.
0 Likes
HannahTobyPreston
Apprentice
Options

No I don't have the device care app at all...and I cannot install it either due to lack of memory.

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Don't you have an micro SD card slot in your tablet ?
0 Likes
HannahTobyPreston
Apprentice
Options

I have an SD card like I wrote but I have moved what I can to it and secondly I can't download anything to the SD card I have to install directly to the internal memory and that is not possible.

0 Likes