Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A pin won't work

(Topic created on: 13-10-2019 08:03 PM)
chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

Our pin for our tablet has randomly stopped working. Every time I enter it, I get a message saying to wait 30 seconds. I held down the power and volume button to get it to reset. Upon resetting it asks for the pin, I enter it, it "verifies" it and the tablet starts up. Then it asks for the pin again (at the login screen) and it doesn't work, says to wait 30 seconds. I'm not tech savvy, so I have no idea what else to do...

58 REPLIES 58
CarlH
Options

Hi @chelseycorea. Do you have a Samsung account linked with your Tab? If so, check out this link which will allow you to unlock and reset the pin (providing there is an internet connection).

chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

It was, but there's a note on the lock screen now stating that I need to log back in to my Samsung account. I tried to unlock anyways, as well as erase data. Neither worked. It's just weird that my pin is "verified" when I restart it, but it won't log in from the lock screen.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

I changed it about 5 days before it stopped working. I know what the password is as I changed it to my phone number to help my son learn the number. And like I said, the password works when I enter it after a soft reset, but it doesn't work at the login screen. I've also tried a hard reset with no luck. I can't turn it off, so can't do the reset. I've tried the volume up+power+home button (as per the internet) and nothing happens...

0 Likes
DaianaRush
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue where the tablet was stuck on lock screen, PIN not working but wasn't getting an error that the PIN was incorrect.

Unable to Power Off or Restart the tablet since it would go back to entering the PIN. Stuck in a loop.

I managed to get into Safe Mode where the PIN did work. To do this:

1. Press and hold Power button until you see the power options POWER and RESTART

2. Tap on power so that only POWER shows

3. Press Volume Down key and simustaneousluy Tap on POWER

4. This will enable SAFE MODE to show on the screen. Tap on SAFE MODE

5. The tablet will restart in SAFE MODE and once rebooted it will ask for PIN. In safe mode the same PIN that didn;t work in normal mode, it worked in safe mode. In SAFE MDOE most of your Apps are greyed out but you can still access Settings.

6. I just played a bit with it and then press Power burtton and selected RESTART

7. the tablet restarted in NORMAL MODE ( you might need to select Samsung Experience Home) and the same PIN was woprking again!!!

While in Safe mode you can change the PIN or select None for lock screen, just so you can get back in in Normal Mode. You can also add a new PIN again.

CraigC3
First Poster
Options

I just go around in circles with that. Get to step 4 and it still asks for a pin

AllyKatNess
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue my tablet wont even go into safemode

Members_kwrsKJp
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue Tried to unlock remotely via the find my phone service but when I pressed unlock it wouldn't load the next webpage. Just can't seem to get in Wondering if this has anything to do with the retiring Samsung  cloud service

Tweetypie38
Student
Options

Mine has just done the same, cannot get into tablet using pin

0 Likes