Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A - Can I change the default storage to SD card?

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 07:42 AM)
Momrules2
First Poster
Options

As some apps cannot be moved to SD card, I thought, how could I re-download them and get them to go into the SD card?  Or for that matter, all future downloads?

One solution I read said to format as internal storage *before* moving apps onto it, but mine is already formatted and I have already moved the apps onto it...

So there must be some other way? 

Thanks for your reply if you know anything about this! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nope, there is no way, sorry
0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
It depends what function you want to change the default storage option to SD card for. As an example you can put your offline Google maps onto SD card storage. I've attached a screenshot from my Tab A showing where you can configure that. Some other things to consider putting on SD card storage may include your music/mp3 collection and videos (depending which apps you play those media forms back through). There is no general 'put everything onto SD Card storage' option though so your best bet is to move what you can to SD card and clear up what space you can from internal storage.

Screenshot_20201230-181555_Maps.jpg

0 Likes
terri_anderson72
First Poster
Options

My apps keep reverting to internal storage after I manually move them to my sd card. Is there a way to stop this?

0 Likes
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
Configure 'your apps' to use external storage for their content or whatever they create or rely on (where this is allowed by the app as many dont give you the choice). In terms of where the app itself is installed, uninstall it and reinstall it looking for a choice about where its installed. Again you may be stuck with only installing it on internal storage, depending on the apps name ( which you haven't provided ).
0 Likes