Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020 tap to wake.

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 09:58 PM)
4danielw
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with tap to wake on this new tablet. When I go into motion and gestures there is no option for this. There is only one option for keeping the screen on when looking at it. I have to press the wake button everytime I want to use the tablet. Just wandering if there is another option for turning the screen on. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Samsgear
Journeyman
Options
Tablets

Same problem here. Feels like they just forgot to include this feature.

A bit frustrating honestly in this day and age not to be able to wake up a device with a tap.

0 Likes
Cricha
First Poster
Options
Tablets

I agree. This is really horrible. The screen times out and then I have to press the button to turn it back on. I don't turn on my camera unless I'm specifically using it--I really don't want it on.  I tried downloading an app, but couldn't get it to work.  I also had difficulty opening my live wallpaper, but after awhile I got it to work. NOT user friendly!!!

0 Likes
pepp88
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Just got mine a couple of days ago. This is really absurd. This is such a must. Please include this feature in an update!!!

0 Likes
Rachid89
First Poster
Options
Tablets

I found a solution to wake the screen, I activated the "hey google" on google assistant and it wakes up when I say "hey google"