Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A 8.4 2020 tap to wake.

(Topic created on: 13-05-2020 08:58 PM)
4danielw
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with tap to wake on this new tablet. When I go into motion and gestures there is no option for this. There is only one option for keeping the screen on when looking at it. I have to press the wake button everytime I want to use the tablet. Just wandering if there is another option for turning the screen on. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Samsgear
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. Feels like they just forgot to include this feature.

A bit frustrating honestly in this day and age not to be able to wake up a device with a tap.

Cricha
Apprentice
Options

I agree. This is really horrible. The screen times out and then I have to press the button to turn it back on. I don't turn on my camera unless I'm specifically using it--I really don't want it on.  I tried downloading an app, but couldn't get it to work.  I also had difficulty opening my live wallpaper, but after awhile I got it to work. NOT user friendly!!!

pepp88
First Poster
Options

Just got mine a couple of days ago. This is really absurd. This is such a must. Please include this feature in an update!!!

Rachid89
First Poster
Options

I found a solution to wake the screen, I activated the "hey google" on google assistant and it wakes up when I say "hey google"

Itchyscratchy
First Poster
Options

Not there from what I can tell. I did find an option to double tap to put to sleep but not one to wake. Someone at Samsung was apparently asleep at the wheel on this one. Blame it on covid I guess, or better yet, Obama! 

0 Likes