Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A (2016) SM-850 keeps closing Google.

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 06:12 PM)
PCP101
Apprentice
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/uk-tablets#

I have had this Tablet since new and it has worked flawlessy. But last week, and I can't remember whether there was an update or not, but Google now keeps closing and dumps me at the home screen. Everything else works fine.

I have done all the suggestions I could find, clear cache, check for failed update, checked if there were any more updates to do, etc. Nothing works! I even disabled Chrome as someone suggested.

Since then I have done 2 factory resets and not added back any of the apps I originally had on the tablet. I have allowed it to complete the mandatory updates, yet Google still crashes! I am pretty computer savy, I run a 6 PC network and build my own PCs, yet this has me foxed.

Any advice or help would be gratefully recieved.

4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Disable Google and install Google Go instead from the Play Store, it's designed for lower specification hardware so should work better
0 Likes
PCP101
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your advice, I will do as you suggest and see if it works.
I am however a little disappointed that no one from Samsung even bothered to offer a solution.
Nevertheless I really appreciated you taking the time to reply.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If you're using the Members app from the tablet click on Get Help followed by Ask Questions for an Answer from a Samsung representative. Be aware though that some of the responders are not that knowledgeable. If it isn't on their crib sheet they'll lead you on a wild goose chase.
0 Likes
PCP101
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I've gone that route before with the Microsoft team and also the BT support group. "Have you tried switching it off and on again?".... Really!!!!
That's why I generally use the forums, because the members are usually better informed and certainly more knowledgeable.

I have disabled Google and my wife is testing it as I write. To be honest it's her tablet, I'm just the support person... 🙂

I think the main problem is, these products have so much Samsung and Google junk on them that you can't remove, (unless you re-flash the firmware) that over time things get screwed up.

Anyway once again thanks for your time.

0 Likes