Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 Wifi Auto-connect issue with update to Android 10

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 03:18 PM)
Bill_Schuck
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Galaxy Tab A 10 1 to Android 10.  Since I have done so, it seems that it will not automatically auto-connect to my home wifi.  There was not  a problem with this under the pre-installed  Android  9.  The issue seems to only occur on a cold boot and not during a warm reboot.  Has this issue been reported previously?  Are there any work-arounds for this?  Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

-Bill Schuck

17 REPLIES 17
MadEvil
First Poster
Options

I've been having this same issue for some time and just want to chime in hoping Samsung will address and fix this issue.

johnnyc256
Apprentice
Options

It looks like the wifi bug was fixed with the Nov 2020 security update. The Tab A 10.1 now boots up with the wifi working after the update.

0 Likes
Disneycruise4me
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Have to turn off wifi then turn back on in order to find any wifi that I am signed into when it used to auto connect.  Very frustrating.   I have no update from November to fix this issue.

0 Likes
Solution
johnnyc256
Apprentice
Options

Check for software updates on your tab A 10.1.   I downloaded the November security update which fixed the wifi problem.

Bill_Schuck
Apprentice
Options

johnnyc256, I  concur, I applied the November security update a while ago and it seemed to have fixed the problem for me as well. 

0 Likes
omepositer
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately mine is a Tab A 2016 and has no November update.  Still drops off WiFi!

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Apprentice
Options

I would contact Samsung and complain.

0 Likes
omepositer
First Poster
Options

Thanks  Johnny. 

I'm not sure I have the patience to go down that route! 

Currently  needing to  reset wifi twice a day so will  just  put up with that. 

Also, you'll notice extra spaces above.

It does this constantly  even with letters not next to the space bar!!

0 Likes