Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab 8 Ultra not charging since One UI 5.1 installed

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 03:29 AM)
Hartleyh
Journeyman
Options
My Galaxy Tab 8 Ultra had the One UI 5.1 update today (X900XXU3BWB4) and now won't charge. I have tried different chargers/cables, a factory reset but nothing. The screen reports it is Super Charging & will be fully charged in 1 hour 15 minutes but the battery is discharging & not even keeping the current charge.
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
z3540
First Poster
Options

I had the same experience when I updated to UI 5.1 on 22 February, however, it was on my Galaxy Fold 4 phone. I had powered down the phone and had it charging over night. The following morning, the phone never charged! In fact, the charge went down. Fortunately, I was able to charge my phone wirelessly. I was also experiencing faster battery drain. I read somewhere that it takes the operating system some time to adjust and in time it will fix itself.

Another site suggested to clear the Cache Partition: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy...

I cleared my cache partition and this seemed to help my battery drain problem but not the cord charging dilema. However, several days had passed since I updated before seeing that suggestion so not sure if letting the phone fixing itself was indeed happening. Today, 6 March, I tried cord charging and it worked! So maybe the phone DID fix itself since I had not done anything more than clearing the cache partition. 

I too have the Tab 8 Ultra but I'm waiting on updating to UI 5.1 until this is solved.

0 Likes