Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy tab 4 Update - Apps no longer accessible.

(Topic created on: 18-06-2020 05:07 PM)
nomeensno
First Poster
Options

Tablet received an update last night.  When it restarted it was like a new tablet, problem is that none of the installed apps appear, no icons to access them, and when I go into apps to uninstall  (so I can reinstall) they don't  appear there either.  They are still all stored/installed on the taboet.  I know this is an old tablet, likely not to receive support anymore but hoped someone might have a way to solve this.  Thanks inadvance.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@nomeensno: For clarity, are you referring to apps that you have downloaded, or are the pre-installed, stock applications missing as well? For apps that you have downloaded, have you tried opening the Google Play Store > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > My Apps & Games > Installed, to see if they are listed here. If they are, does it give you the option to open or update them on the right hand side?
0 Likes
nomeensno
First Poster
Options

Sorry, to answer your question I am referring to downloaded apps.  The default apps all show as normal.  And in the play store it does not list any of the previously installed apps as installed.  In My apps & games, I can go to Library where they are all listed, but it will only allow me to install, not modify/uninstall whats already there.  Clicking install, initiates a new download and attempts to install another copy of the app.  I don't have an SD card on the tablet, this is all built in memory and it's pretty near full as is, so obviously that doesn't work.

One thing I will say, if I can't find a solution to fix this, it's not the end of the world, I suppose I could always send myself whatever files/images I had on there, and just start from scratch.  I would prefer not to do that though.

0 Likes