Original topic:

Galaxy S8 Sim region lock

(Topic created on: 11/10/19 10:21)
rajkmohan
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

Hi, 

I am staying in Switzerland. I am planning to buy S8 for my wife. But I came to know that S8 which I buy in Swiss will work only with European sim alone. but my wife will be travelling back to India in a some time so she need to use with indian Sim also. can someone sugges an option to buy S8 in switzerland that can work with any sim irrespective of region or suggest me options to overcoem this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
AntS
Options
Tablets

Hi all. :robothappy:

All current Samsung phones come with an active regional lock when first bought. Assuming it's not also locked to a specific network, using a SIM from the same regional origin as the phone for at least 5 minutes of total talktime will disable the regional lock and allow you to use a SIM from any other region from then on.

Hope this helps! :robothappy:

View solution in context

69 REPLIES 69
Fp7
First Poster
Options
Tablets
True
I did cal for around 5 and half minutes from Indian SIM to Saudi number my model was Samsung a A50 s., regional sim lock was opened after that calling
0 Likes
AymenNaanaa
Options
Tablets

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, i'm wondering if i use a SIM from the original region with "Raoming" will it work ?

Regards

0 Likes
Martin0227
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Thank you for reply,

Yes using the same simcard with roaming will work. But regardless it work or not, the screen broke on the phone and I bought a new phone anyway haha

Kurteduard
Observer
Options
Tablets

I sent my Regional locked Note 9 back to the vendor and bought an IPhone, Iphone don’t do BS like Samsung does to avoid warranty coverage when using you phone internationally.

0 Likes
kanna1808
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Hi I too faced the same problem in my new S10. However after speaking for 5 mins using a local sim to a local number, the lock was removed and I am able to use my India number now.

0 Likes
Fp7
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Fixed by using it for more than 5 minutes calling from Indian SIM where the mobile originally was bought. 

0 Likes
goggoy
Options
Tablets
how I can use Samsung Galaxy s8 locked in O2 UK in Philippines
0 Likes