Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy note 8 GT-N5110 catch up tv stopped working

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 09:25 AM)
Bluenickie13
Student
Options

Hi. Mum has a relick tablet. She only really used it for catch up tv, BBCi player mostly. A few weeks back it stopped working and the google store said that it's no longer compatible with her device! 

Every catch up tv app said the same. 

Can anyone help, it doesn't make sense why it worked and now its useless to her. 

Galaxy note 8.0 GT-N5110 

Thanks 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It is running at best Android KitKat which is no longer supported by Google or third party app developers. It's time for a new tablet that isn't 8 years old unless you want to try flashing a ROM image of Android 9 from XDA developer forum (unofficial ROM created by another end user)
Bluenickie13
Student
Options
Thank you. It's not something I think I can do unfortunately!
I think it's really unfair... It used to work, and because of an *update* she can no longer use it!
(Maybe Samsung are looking at Apple????)
So just out of curiosity, what do we do with the tablet now? 🤷🤦 Landfill? All because of an update 🤯🤯🤯
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
It's not Samsung who are responsible for this. Google are ultimately responsible for how long a release of Android can effectively be supported by app developers (BBC) and OEMs as far as security updates are concerned (Samsung). Android seems to have an 8 year life span for app support which is on par with Apple actually. If the tablet still works with Amazon Kindle or Google Play Books it is still handy as an ebook if nothing else. What is the battery life like now anyway?
0 Likes
IslanderUK
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I have a similar problem. My Samsung 8.0 Tablet is runiing Android 4.2.2. and none of the app updates will download.

Is it time to get a new Tablet?

0 Likes