Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy book problem

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 04:23 AM)
GødøfWăr
Explorer
Options
My cousins are making alot of fun of my Galaxy book. They says your laptop can't run any game
Like their alienware laptops
I've spent £1100 on it
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ayena5391
First Poster
Options
Then TRY a game. Then prove them wrong.
0 Likes
GødøfWăr
Explorer
Options
I can't play 😕
0 Likes
GødøfWăr
Explorer
Options
I don't wanna burn my GPU of my book
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
They need to grow up. Ignore them and enjoy your Galaxy Book as it's intended.
0 Likes
GødøfWăr
Explorer
Options
You are right but they are a little bit right as well
0 Likes
GødøfWăr
Explorer
Options
Samsung needs to build up a powerful processor
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah your cousins should grow up. In my eyes, without knowing which laptops they have, they're most likely in possession of (my personal opinions here) awkwardly designed, bulky, heavy and overly expensive laptops that are good for gaming and intensive tasks but that's it. They just have some of the worst aesthetically pleasing looks of any laptops out there. They're a chore to lug around. But it does have a cool Aliens face on it so...

Also is it me that just doesn't see the point of a gaming laptop? So much more for your money in a desktop. When I'm out and travelling the last thing I'll be doing is playing games on my very unportable laptop and similarly expecting to have a battery able to outlast anything more than a long train journeys without it running out of charge.

If your laptop cost £1199 it will be plenty capable of most games and likely have the 11th Gen i7. Unless you want to be a competitive gamer the Intel UHD GPU can handle far more than the previous 10th gen. Knock the resolution down a bit if you need a boost in FPS.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Of their own or just get better processors from competitors? I was exited to see there were new Galaxy Book 2 and Pro 360 2 coming out shortly but on the website there is only i5 processor (12th Gen though) combined with 8GB of RAM. Too low for much more than moderate use. The RAM is too low.

It's not that Samsung don't have powerful laptops for gaming. They do. They just don't sell them in the UK. They do a Galaxy Book Odyssey over in the US with up to 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 11th Gen i7, NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3050Ti Max-Q graphics card, 15.6 inch FHD screen, 83Wh Battery etc.

They have a 13.3" Galaxy Chromebook with a 4k AMOLED screen with up to 10th Gen core i7, convertible 2 in 1 design (i5 model) with built in S Pen, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. I didn't know Chromebooks could be nearly top tier laptop territory.

A FHD QLED 13.3" Galaxy Chromebook 2 with S Pen built in and up to i3 10th gen processor.

Also Galaxy Book Flex 2 Alpha, Chromebook Plus. Plenty of varieties why not sell some over here. The ones we have available are really bad even for Chromebook standards.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
You won't burn your GPU, the laptop is designed to cool down the CPU/GPU, throttle etc. once it gets too hot.
0 Likes