Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Tab S5

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 01:13 AM)
Wellwisher
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung if u looking to this post then I have Request... I like samsung products and above all the Tab S Series...but I can see everytime new S series tab release its just not worthy ... I mean why using old processor when u can use new one that's already launched .. Why S835 when 845 was available??

I need changes in future Tab S5

1. Upcoming Snapdragon 855 (8150) skip the 845.... Don't play it dirty

2. Update those useless cameras... C'mon its high time 

3. 4gb Ram seriously?  Beast like Tab atleast need 8Gb which I think too much for you so we'll settle to 6Gb

4. Which Part of fast charging does samsung does not understand? 18W in 2018...even oppo & Huawei invest in smart and fast charging technology .. Look @ them 50W & 40W respectively.

5. Bigger screen Not Bigger Bezels (Hint :- Ipad Pro 11)

6. I m hoping u'll introduce One UI (Android 9.0) with new Tab too

7. S-Pen is good no changes needed unless u want to make it charge wirelessly... New tech always welcome.

8. UFS 3.0 

C'mon listen to ur customers....they  really need a overall change is Tab S5

31 REPLIES 31
Detroix
Explorer
Options

Tab s5e

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M1YXDvb6P0M#

This essentials model has good aesthetics - although it’s jus a rehash of iPad Pro..

So now make a pro version with huge screen. If it’s not iPad Pro build quality - less bend - and performance with clean android , think have to suck it up and start looking at alternatives. We really wouldn’t mind paying more for a tablet that can last for years to come.. iPad Pro is already so ex for such a limited OS...

0 Likes
coffeebyoscar
First Poster
Options

Glad to see that these kind of posts are being read. I must to say that I've being waited years to upgrade to a decent and reliable looking upgrade that haven't being made by Samsung.

Currently I work, watch media, study and do everything else from my tablet and I don't see myself going back to a desktop or full laptop. I have my Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2" since 2014 and I wouldn't change it for anything, except another Samsung >12" display, and with at least double the power processor.

What to expect from Samsung for me to consider upgrade my tablet:

-   Minimum 6gb ram
-   > 64gb storage with microsd
-   (same Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2" battery) 9500 mAh or more
-   octa-core processor
-   (this Tab has two speakers) I'm getting excited that the next one I get it'll have four speakers

-   Please, do exact the same keyword of the Galaxy Tab Pro, the one that attach to the tablet and its robust to use it as a lap-tablet
-   And of course, latest android version.

Sadly my tablet got stuck with android 5.1.1, so it seems that I'll have to upgrade soon if I want to keep doing the well work done.

Detroix
Explorer
Options

Suggest u find a suitable, stable and modern android rom and flash your 12.2

0 Likes
Zunido
First Poster
Options
Please samsung, stick to this sound advice and make me replace my tab s4, I really need more ram and cpu for using Linux on dex on my tablet. This makes it a versatile media and work machine on the go.
0 Likes
Pandabtw
Student
Options

True plus why didnt they release the s5 with the s5e? I hope the in next 2020 unpacked they will release the tab s5

0 Likes
aramos20
Journeyman
Options

I think they didn't release the tab s5 with the s5e because they were testing some stuff in the S5e. Like what they did with the hole cut displays they tested them on the A models before their main S models. I think they were testing how much power they could fit in a size of a frame and seeing if people care about the no headphone jack. Previous tab s models have come out between like August and November so there is still hope.  I can only assume they will release one this year cause it is the 10 year anniversary of their main phone brand. 

0 Likes
Pandabtw
Student
Options
Makes sense 😕
0 Likes
Detroix
Explorer
Options

if it takes that long i will have to spend 2k on an ipad pro 12.9 soon...

0 Likes
aramos20
Journeyman
Options

We can hope it won't take that long but there is a large chance it will.  I don't recall them ever releasing a premium tablet before like August at the earliest. 

Detroix
Explorer
Options

i have already placed an order for the ipad 12.9 for work. Apple is aggressive with their entire lineup for the ipad with the introduction of ipad mini and ipad air 10.5. At least their hardware strategy seems clearer now; it shows how committed they are in making ipads the next gen of computing; they have only the ios13 to prove that they are committed to the vision. 

makes me wonder what samsung is doing...

tab s5 better be good before i will consider it as my spare personal tablet.

0 Likes