Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten PIN

(Topic created on: 25-07-2021 07:28 PM)
N1c01a
Apprentice
Options
My son has a Samsung galaxy tablet and has forgotten the pin. I have ck pretest a factory reset/wipe data and rebooted. I am then instructed to connect to the WiFi upon which I then need a pin to unlock. I have tried to set up without the WiFi being connected to see if that will resolve but I am still being asked for a pin.
9 REPLIES 9
StephK1
Options

Hey @N1c01a! Was there a Samsung/Google account that was on the Tab before the reset? If so, it could be the password for this that it is requesting, as this is a backup security feature to protect devices that are factory reset 🙂

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
The tablet likely has factory reset protection on which means that if it is reset from recovery mode. The tablet will lock incase someone has stolen the tablet and reset it so that they can't use it. The only way for your son to ever use the tablet is to remember the pin and you should be good after you do that.
0 Likes
N1c01a
Apprentice
Options
I'm not sure what he's set up on it. It is only a few months old 😔
0 Likes
N1c01a
Apprentice
Options
He cannot remember the pin. The tablet is only a few months old. I have proof of purchase so would Samsung help?
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

No worries, here's a bit more info about the Factory Reset Protection lock, which could be active: https://www.samsung.com/nz/support/mobile-devices/what-is-google-frp/

If you're still unable to gain access to the Tab, you would be best heading to your closest Service Centre with your proof of purchase for a software flash. This is generally a chargeable service, although the Service Centre will be able to advise further on that. You can find your closest Service Centre here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 🙂

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, they would help you, contact them and find the nearest service center near you, but they might charge you for it, so be warned.
0 Likes
balanga
Apprentice
Options

Is a service centre able to unlock a tablet without wiping it?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @balanga , The answer to that is no: they wouldn't be able to unlock a device that hasn't been wiped.

0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
What is your son's Tab model
0 Likes