Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Facebook app issues

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 09:22 AM)
Harv63
Journeyman
Options

When using "Marketplace" on Facebook App the posts for things for sale are cut off at the sides by grey bars running down the sides of the screen preventing the post from being read in full. Any advice out there? 

Also when trying to tag a freind in a comment on Facebook the pop up of the friend which you click on to include them is partly hidden by the keyboard making it impossible to select it. Again please advise if there is a way to cure this

Go to solution
53 REPLIES 53
LoloSchue55
First Poster
Options

You can go into Settings, Display, Screen Zoom and make sure the blue dot is all the at to the left

0 Likes
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

Doesn't work on my S5e I'm afraid.  Best workaround so far is to use FB Lite.

0 Likes
JohnJ71
First Poster
Options

Worked for me, Thanks mate 👍🏻 Defo a Samsung issue as the same problem does not exist between iPhone and iPad. Other Android tablets are fine also.

0 Likes
Krakadoom
First Poster
Options

Nope. Issue exists on tablets of other brands too. 

0 Likes
LCCgreg
First Poster
Options

Great solution Jax, i went full zoom and now everything is hell big but the grey borders are gone! That will do me for now, thanks heaps

0 Likes
smiler1963
Apprentice
Options

Mine is exactly the same and you can't see the full add properly so can't read it . Any help would be great .

0 Likes
smiler1963
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that it works 👍

0 Likes
ChicaP
Student
Options

I'm reporting this as on 20/09/20. The solution to this issue is not solved. The solution given is a ridiculous one. I have a Galaxy Tab S6 and recently less than one week ago the Facebook app has not displayed properly on any of it's pages in landscape mode. There are wide grey bars down each side of the screen. The app used to fill the screen previously. Also, pictures that friends post are 'zoomed in',  so they don't display correctly until you actually tap on the post to open it, then it displays correctly.

0 Likes
Homestead
Apprentice
Options

You're right, ChicaP., still a few issues for me after trying the solutions offered.  My main issue was trying to view FB Marketplace. It was cut off on the sides so that the important info wasn't viewable and landscape mode was just a gray screen. Just now, I tried something I haven't before. I went into the Search option on my main FB page (the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the page) and entered "Marketplace". Voila! It displayed properly but it won't go into landscape mode. I don't know what FB did, or when, but the gray sidebars have disappeared. I did send the link to this thread to Samsung technical support awhile back and they said it was a FB issue, which I believe is true, Facebook for Android being messed up. Apparently FB finally got around to doing something to remedy it because my gray sidebars disappeared(Galaxy Tab A, 8.1 Android).

Try going into your Search option and entering your FB I.D. and see if your own FB page will load and if it does, see if there is any difference.

0 Likes
reneeluvsrubel
First Poster
Options

thank you so much!worked for me!😀