Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive, unnecessary apps on Samsung 8gb devices

(Topic created on: 10-02-2018 07:30 AM)
Graciemac
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung,

I love Samsung products. This is my second tablet and I have a Microwave, PC & TV by Samsung also.  So I really must trust in Samsung name.

However, I feel that Samsung could do their customers a favour and cut out all unnecessary apps or at least allow the customer the opportunity to delete them!

Attached are a list of applications that came installed and cannot be removed on my Samsung Galaxy TabA 6:

Android System WebView (Think this might be necessary for running system.)

Chrome

Drive

Galaxy Apps

Gmail

Google

Google Play Movies & TV

Google Play Music

Google Play Services

Google Play Store

Google Text-to-speech

Hancom Office Cell Viewer

Hancom Office Shared

Hancom Office Show Viewer

Hancom Office Widget &

Hancom Office Word Viewer

Hangouts

Kids Mode

Maps (Google)

Samsung Internet

Samsung Music

Samsung MyGalaxy

Samsung Push Service

TalkBack

YouTube

Hancom Office Updater

Hancom Office Viewer

Total usage is 2140.46 and I feel that much of this is surplus to my requirement and could be freed up to give me more valuable space! (I do have a micro sd card but this is not helping at all!) I have also noticed that there is something called weather Service running as an active app! Haven’t a clue what this is for and am wondering what else is lurking in the background. In Application Manager, YouTube is logged but not showing in the Apps which I find very strange too.  I realise that some of the applications are necessary for running of Android system but I am absolutely certain that some are not.  Why for instance do you have two music players and internet browsers? 

Please consider the customer next time you are building the software into these tablets and if something is not necessary for the running of the system then it should be optional for us to remove it. Perhaps Samsung should consider a bare minimum tablet also?

One last thing. Does Samsung ever consider putting inbuilt screen protectors on their tablets/phones.  Would make life a whole lot easier for the customer. 

Thanks for listening.

p.s. I am certain that most of your customers are of the same opinion as everyone I have spoken to with who has 8gb has space problems.

12 REPLIES 12
JennieGold
Apprentice
Options

Almost impossible to use sue to all the people controlling useless rubbiah. There are complaints about Huawei being invasive. They could learn a lot from Samsung.

JennieGold
Apprentice
Options
Oh and I had to lig in to samsung to post this. So if you are not a Samsung user you will not be able to post.
0 Likes
dinkycock68
First Poster
Options
Hangouts new version.
0 Likes