Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Every other lock or unlock Galaxy Tab A8 turns off Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 02-12-2023 07:09 AM)
Pumbpa3000
Student
Options

Hi! A few weeks ago, I bought the Galaxy Tab A8, and I noticed that every other lock or unlock of the tablet turns off Bluetooth. Sometimes it gets back on by itself, but usually, it does not. My tablet is connected to a Bluetooth speaker that is on all the time.

The problem is 100% not in the speaker because before the tablet, it was connected to a smartphone and stayed connected all the time. I didn't find any battery optimizing settings that would do that either.

It is really annoying. Is there anything that I can do?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
KholaI
Options

Hey @Pumbpa3000 

That's definitely quite unusual. Have you checked to see whether the tablet is running on the latest software? If not, please head into Settings > Software update > Download and install > If there's an update available, proceed to install this.

If there wasn't an update available, please try a Soft Reset as this tends to fix a lot of minor bugs by rebooting your tablet without deleting any personal data. You can do this by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds.

Pumbpa3000
Student
Options

Hi KholaI, thank you for your reply! I checked, and the tablet is running on the latest software. I also tried the soft reset, and unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue.

I also turned off auto-unlocking by the case lid, and now I know that Bluetooth turns off upon unlocking (swipe on the screen in my case), and not on a power button press or lid opening. Don't know if this is helpful.

If there is something else that I can try, I would appreciate the advice!

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Thanks for giving that a go for me. Is there a specific app you're using when connected to your Bluetooth speaker? If so, it could be this that's affecting the Bluetooth connection. Head into Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage apps > Sleeping apps. If the app is here, hold onto it and tap Remove. Alongside this, tap the arrow in the top left > Head into Deep sleeping apps > Hold onto the app (if it's here) > Remove.

0 Likes