Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Encrypted SD card unusable slow

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 01:06 PM)
Meridius
Student
Options

Hi, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 WiFi last week, together with a 256GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC  card. I've made the experience that the SD card gets unusable slow (100 KB/s write speed) when the SD card encryption is enabled. Sometimes the first ~150 MB transfer at normal speed, but eventually it always slows down. Without encryption the sequential write speed is a bit above 20MB/s, which is what I would expect. Unfortunately, encryption is a must have for me and not optional.

Searching the internet, I've found this post that refers to the same problem, but does not come with a solution. I think this is some kind of software bug in the encryption routine.  I've installed all updates (security patch level is  1. August 2021).

I hope this problem can be acknowledged and fixed in a future update. Maybe someone has an idea for a workaround.

Edit: Seems like this is a problem other Samsung devices like the A22 5G have too. But, unfortunatly no solution either.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Meridius
Student
Options

I just tried the SD card encryption again under Android 12. I'm glad to say that everything works now as fast as expected. I don't know if it works for previously encrpyted SD cards, but it does for a newly encrypted one.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
babrdala
First Poster
Options

same to me 🥺 with tab 7 android 11

0 Likes
Solution
Meridius
Student
Options

I just tried the SD card encryption again under Android 12. I'm glad to say that everything works now as fast as expected. I don't know if it works for previously encrpyted SD cards, but it does for a newly encrypted one.

0 Likes