Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Emails disappearing

(Topic created on: 11-03-2023 09:30 AM)
Nuts
Student
Options

Hi,

Can anyone help? Some while ago, my Samsung Tab A ceased to show emails older than two weeks! so...

1. How can i see them (on the Tab, I know I can go to the relevant web sites or my computer but I want to see older emails on my tab too)

2. How do I insure in future, all emails are shown.

Really appreciate your help ... Thanks and stay safe

Neil

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you using the Samsung email app? If so, you need to go into the settings of the app, then into the settings of the email account you have added and change 'email sync period' to all time.

Screenshot_20210202-174753_Email.jpg

Nuts
Student
Options

You are a genius ... I spent ages trying to find this in overall settings, the app settings and various other lost roads but you hit the nail on the head. Thank you sooooo much 😎👍

nalag46
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same problem but changing the sync period to all-time still does not make any difference. I have two email accounts. A Google account or my default, works without any problems both on sending and receiving, the second account with TalkTalk however, does send and receive as it is configured correctly, but once my emails land on Inbox and switch the phone off, the next time round they have all disappeared and they are not to be found in any of the folders. I cannot save or keep them anywhere, why?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @nalag46 ,

I have found this post from your email provider where another user has a similar issue, please do check this here to see if that help: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Emails-disappeared/td-p/2286964

0 Likes
Mary108
First Poster
Options

I have am old sanding S9 and I have the email app that came with the phone. I cant seem to find the change to all the time option with this phone. Help please 🙏 

0 Likes
Mary108
First Poster
Options

Omg I just found it by your suggestion. Thanks 😊 

0 Likes
Members_afI29bj
First Poster
Options

Thank you! Was really finding that frustrating.

0 Likes
Helpmeemail
First Poster
Options

I have rhe same issue, although I have used this email account for quite a while. I have not noticed this problem until recently. Today I lost all my read emails...boom gone! Yesterday I spent some time updating my settings or making sure they were imap.  Then I repeated the sync period, although I may have done that too late? Now I can see my email from last month on my desktop account but NOTHING ELSE?  I also can't seem to change my email settings without removing and re-adding the app.  Some settings are available but not sync.  What is up with this mess and does it have anything to do with adding an additional email account to gmail?

0 Likes
Hhhhhhel
Student
Options
OMG this has just worked for me too! Thanks so much for sharing, this is a life saver!!
0 Likes