Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Electromagnetic display layer fault?

(Topic created on: 02-04-2023 12:35 AM)
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
Hi all, 

My Tab S8 is about 4 months old and I've noticed that there is a fault with the EM display layer in two spots in the middle of the screen. Basically, S Pen input is not recognised unless hard pressure is applied. The touchscreen works fine, however. 

Is this a rare fault by any chance? Quite a few people I know (even Apple fans) have found an interest in the Tab S8 because of its value, performance, and quality ever since I bought mine and I wouldn't want to recommend something unreliable to them. 

Two 'dead' spots when scribbling with light pressure. Applying hard pressure does solve this issue but the tracking isn't on point like it is elsewhere.

Hope you can help. Many thanks. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you use a case with magnets, it can be the magnets that cause this issue. Magnets can interfere with the s pen. If you use a case, remove it to see if the case is the cause.
EcoBubbleUser944
Pathfinder
Options
The issue has been solved! It appears that this only happens when the tablet is laid on top of the screen cover - I have a Spigen cover case so that's why. Thank you so much!