Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Donation

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 11:03 AM)
BeckyCOVID19NURSE
First Poster
Options

Hi!! 
My names Becky and I'm a nurse working with confirmed COVID19 patients on COVID19 maple ward at Scarborough hospital. 
I am appealing for a donation of some kind of tablet that we can use on our ward.

As you will be aware wards are closed for visiting, it's getting busy where I work. There are patients that come to my ward and have no contact with their loved ones, we are unable to give them a ward phone as we are at risk of spreading the virus. There are a lot of elderly patients whom don't have smart phones or even any type of phone to contact their loved ones. 
It's very important that we keep our patients in good spirits at this scary time and having contact with their family is vitally important for them and for their spouses. 
In the more unfortunate and sad circumstances patients die alone without having spoken to their family... it's very upsetting for family's, patients and the staff looking after them.  
if you could help by donating a device we would be very grateful, I know you are doing a lot to help the NHS and we are grateful! 
But we would love to be able to give our patients time with there loved ones when they can't be there with them. 
thank you 

Becky. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you for reaching out, @BeckyCOVID19NURSE, and for being you. The work that you alongside all NHS and care workers to do to look after our families, friends and communities is beyond admirable at any moment in time, and even more so during this unprecedented time for our country and the world. 

We completely understand the need for connection and as you've mentioned here at Samsung we are working with the NHS in a number of different ways. While this is the case, we are also looking into other opportunities to engage. Please can you send a message to our Community Lead @AntS who will collect some details from you so we can pass on your request. 

^SachikoT

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you for reaching out, @BeckyCOVID19NURSE, and for being you. The work that you alongside all NHS and care workers to do to look after our families, friends and communities is beyond admirable at any moment in time, and even more so during this unprecedented time for our country and the world. 

We completely understand the need for connection and as you've mentioned here at Samsung we are working with the NHS in a number of different ways. While this is the case, we are also looking into other opportunities to engage. Please can you send a message to our Community Lead @AntS who will collect some details from you so we can pass on your request. 

^SachikoT