Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Samsung Watch sync with the tablet?

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 12:57 PM)
sdust
Journeyman
Options

I want to buy a Samsung watch and a tablet, but not the phone. Is it possible to have the watch data to sync with a Samsung A7 tablet?

Just to give you some context, I am planning to buy this for an elderly person:

- They are not comfortable with Smartphones, so no point in buying one. They are happy with their old button mobile phone.

- They are okay with tablet device since it has a larger screen. But they don't use any advanced features of tab - they just use chat apps, email etc. Hence I am looking for cheaper A series tablet devices, instead of a much more expensive S series tablet devices.

- I do want to buy a Smartwatch for them, so that it can track their vitals. But they will be unable to use anything advanced on the phone directly, because of the small screen. If the data from their watch can sync to the tablet, they will be interested to open an app in the tablet and keep an eye on the trends of their own health data.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
No, unfortunately samsung watches only sync via Samsung health to Samsung phones.
0 Likes
AshP_
Options

Hi @sdust, Samsung Health is only available on the Tab S8 series, so you wouldn't be able to sync your watch with the Tab A7.

Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
I have the tab A8 and the wearables app is available on there
0 Likes
sdust
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Danny. So, does the workout and health data from your Samsung watch sync to your A8 tab?

0 Likes
sdust
Journeyman
Options

Thanks @AshP_ If I get a S8 instead of A7 tab, will I be able to sync the health data from my Samsung watch to the tab without a phone?

0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
So the wearbles app is required to interact with your watch. Like settings, find my watch, transfer data, customise, update software etc. But the Samsung health isn't available on A series tablet so no sorry you can't sync health data
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Yes
0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
So I've just discovered... samsung health isn't available on the app store (it says its not compatible) BUT if you just search samsung health.apk you can download the installation file from a third party website and are able to install it. I downloaded it from here https://androidapksfree.com/samsung-health/com-sec-android-app-shealth/download/
sdust
Journeyman
Options

Thanks everyone for your answers so far, I have added more context to my original post.

0 Likes