Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display mode not changing - Tab S8

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 02:14 PM)
ozaz
Journeyman
Options

I have a Tab S8.

When I try to change display mode between natural and vivid nothing happens. There is no change in the colour/tone in the preview image above the toggle. I know I should only expect a subtle change - but I'm not seeing any change at all. Is it working for other Tab S8 owners?

Also, I've read that when you change to vivid mode some additional colour adjustment settings appear. I don't get them when I change to vivid. Should these additional settings appear on the base Tab S8, or are they only for the Plus and Ultra?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@ozaz: Do you have Dark mode, or Eye comfort shield enabled, or is the brightness set quite high? The difference between Natural and Vivid screen modes is quite subtle, but in Vivid mode you should be able to see a White balance slider, and addition Advanced settings at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
ozaz
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL Thanks for response.

Dark mode and eye comfort shield are disabled. I've tried at various brightness levels, including low. Does not seem to have an effect.

I don't get a white balance slider or additional advanced settings in Vivid mode. Should this definitely appear on the normal Tab S8? I have seen other people mention it, but only those who use the Plus or the Ultra, which I know uses a different type of display.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ozaz: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your Tab S8, located in Settings > About tablet? 

I don't have direct access to a Tab S8 to double check this, however the user manual references the White balance and Advanced settings while the Screen mode is set to Vivid (as illustrated on page 128 of the user manual)

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202210/20221007181022225/SM-X70X_X80X_X90X_UM_EU_TT_En...

If this isn't reflective of the options you have, please can you clarify what options are available to you? 

0 Likes
ozaz
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for link to manual and relevant page.

Tablet model is SM-X700. One UI version 5.0, Android version 13, Android security patch level 1 Dec 2022.

I've inserted screenshots showing what I see for each mode setting.

Natural.jpgVivid.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ozaz: I can see what you mean. The manual is relevant to your model and current Android version, so can I only speculate that the option to adjust the White balance in Vivid mode has been removed in the Android 13 update, but the manual has not been altered to reflect this. 

0 Likes
ozaz
Journeyman
Options

Even if those extra settings have been removed, presumably the lack of impact of display mode on the preview image suggests something isn't working properly?

0 Likes
mudluvver
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue as ozaz - SM-X700 Tab S8 (not + or ultra), Android 13, UI 5.0, security patch 1 Dec 2022.  The display is stuck in 'vivid' mode and clicking the 'natural' radio button changes nothing.  also there are no display advance settings as suggested in the manual.
How can we get Samsung to fix this or do I need to send my tablet back for a refund?  For the record, the vivid display looks completely unnatural and is not the way I want to view my many photos.

0 Likes
ozaz
Journeyman
Options

@mudluvver I've now seen several people on Reddit mentioning this issue. Since my last post on here I've also had my tablet replaced by Samsung (I was inside my return window) and the replacement tablet has exactly the same issue. This leads me to suspect this is a software issue affecting all Tab S8s rather than a hardware issue with a few units. 

@AndrewL are you able to confirm Samsung engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a fix via software update?

0 Likes
Members_J7b1oQK
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same issue with my brand new S8 tab. I have contacted support and they suggested I raise a bug report via the Samsung Members app. I suggest everyone does this as this seems to be the only way to get through to the developers and hope they fix the issue eventually. Thanks

0 Likes