Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEX - Tab or Mobile Issues

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 07:41 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wireless DEX refused to connect with my Samsung QN95 TV or my Samsung M70A Smart monitor, says conencting then times out.

DEX with a USB cable to my mobile or tablet eepm the device screen on, i want it off if i turn the screen off it locks !!!!, i have tuned off the on screen keybaord, still stays on, what a waster of screen power and probably screen damage.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Obsydian ,

I would love to help you with this. Can you please tell me what Tab and phone you have? Have you been able to use this feature on your TV and monitor before?

The following tips will help you when connecting to a TV or monitor:

• For a smooth wireless connection, it is recommended that you use your phone and TV within a short distance of each other. This will prevent stuttering and lagging.
  • Remote access to DeX directly from a Samsung TV may not work well if your phone’s screen is turned off. You can try turning on your phone's screen and then try connecting again.
  • You can perform basic operations using the touchpad connected to your PC, but some gestures, such as pinching with two fingers to zoom in, won’t work.
  • Touchscreen displays are not supported when using DeX.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As mentioned a wired connection also tried wireless sat in front of the monitor.

Samsung fold3 and tab s7
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes