Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The fact that devices purchased from Samsung and amazon are receiving these messages. With and without trade in, I would say this is an error with Samsung.
Poxona
Explorer
Options
Same here. Fold 3, I have until 23rd but got this message last night! Samsung say to email a the address on the notice as it's actually a company called MTR that deal with the trade in. So basically have to wait and hope!
0 Likes
Em0108
First Poster
Options
Has anyone had any response from the email on the pop up?
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options
True, however, mine came through a 3rd party seller on amazon
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options
This was the response I got as I bought it through amazon marketplace as newScreenshot_20211015-093506_Gmail.jpg
0 Likes
Park life
Pioneer
Options

The number I was given for MTR is 0844 693 1663.  Not having luck getting through though.  If you press 0 to go to the operator you get to a HR persons voicemail, and other options also go to voicemail.   Shambles! 

0 Likes
Em0108
First Poster
Options
Have you had a response from the place you brought it from? I also purchased mine through amazon marketplace as new.
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I contact amazon, they sent a message on my behalf.

The seller contacted asking a return request be sent, just waiting on this to be accepted, if not back to amazon I go and they said they will sort it out if the seller does not sort the issue as Amazon have a duty of care as they are the hosting platform and it is covered under their A - Z policy.

So will see what happens, its frustrating as I was using the tablet for university!

0 Likes
Em0108
First Poster
Options
Ok, that sounds like you should at least get the money back then! Yes same here, I opened it up to start uni work and the messaged popped up, super frustrating!!! I'm just waiting on a response from the seller and hopefully it'll be a case of sending It back and hopefully getting another one!
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

Same, gonna get it from a proper retailer and avoid this hassle.

0 Likes