Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 10:36 PM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE: Finally my phone has been unlocked after 8 days!! None of this was my fault and my trade in was accepted, it was obviously a failure in their system. I will be making an official complaint and will keep people up to date.

MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

Final update, and hope all this helps...

After having the notification due to an error with Samsung, and then it being locked for 8 days it was unlocked with an apology from Samsung. They agreed it was 100% their fault, but ultimately calling the numbers and raising calls does not help. It is just time. I complained and was offered a £50 voucher as an apology, plus they wrote to apologise over email.

My problem was solved, hope you guys find it happens quicker than me.

Members_tDFG4Lb
Student
Options

Hi I am having the same issue, they have blocked my phone. I have spoken to so many departments but didn`t get anywhere. but i have find out the real issue basically the phone`s we are sending to them are not going to the trade in team which is a third party, this is due to samsung given out the wrong postal labels. so basically the phones are going to samsung warehouse instead of going to this third party. 

I am thinking of making a facebook page so everyone can join it, i will leave samsung alone for this mess up. they have wasted my time my energy and on to they accessed the phones remotely to blocked them with any one`s consent. Samsung need to learn a lesson.  

missmirandas
First Poster
Options

There is a FB Group starting out that you should join.  THIS WILL BE A MASSIVE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT and those affected deserve compensation.  Samsung can't just lock people out.  They must find another solution if they have problems with people who have incomplete trades, but to take it out on the mass buyers or public IS NOT THE ANSWER!!

Members_fxrqUCU
First Poster
Options

Day 8 since getting my new S22 locked by Samsun numerous phone calls and emails without any help from Samsung. Customer service is a joke. Sent my old phone back as per Samsungs instructions and get new phone locked. Total joke! Customer service non existent. Was told by trade in team after telling them I have proof of postage that I could have sent anything back!!! Will never use Samsung again. Trading standards need to look at this

Members_MHWuy92
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, my s22 ultra has been locked too. I was sent a confirmation email stating they had received my old phone 12 days ago. Phone has been locked since yesterday. Also has £460 taken out of my account as they clearly do  not think they received my old phone.  i have emailed both Samsung and the trade in team multiple times but when i contact Samsung they tell me they will have to contact the trade in team. When i email the trade in team, they only reply to ask for the imei number and order number (which i have already sent). Then i send them it again and they just do not reply. It is awful and I don't know what to do. i desperately need my phone, i use it for work too. What was the outcome, did they finally unlock your phone?

0 Likes
Cece0211
First Poster
Options

Did your ever get fixed 

, I have the same problem and it's been 3 days

0 Likes
Tasha4U
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mike! I'm going through this very thing as I type this. They just locked my phone out of the blue at 8:30 pm last night, with no warning. NOTHING!  I found a couple of YT videos online showing you how to unlock it yourself or either showing you their phone screen that looks identical to mine to prove they have the ability to help you get your yours unlocked but of course, they say they can't show you how to fix it because they are a tech business and need to make money off of you and your hardship so, therefore, they don't give you instructions on how to fix it until you contact them and make a payment of God only knows how much! Folks are greedy like that and I hope no one found that video and actually paid that YouTuber or any other company a single red cent to help unlock their phones considering there are so many others out here providing instructions free of charge.  I know this because I did find a couple of videos where folks were saying this free service or that free service would clear the lock. God Bless them for showing empathy for others going through the same thing. I haven't tried any of those free services yet or followed the instructions anyone else has provided. I plan to call Samsung firsthand myself. Although I believe everyone else on this thread who said Samsung could not help them but those were older posts such as yours which was 5 months ago.  I try to give people and companies the benefit of the doubt because I'm really hoping that by now Samsung has figured out what the problem is and have a solution to offer me so that I won't end up having a terrible change of heart in regards to Samsung. I absolutely hate Apple products but I'm afraid if I call Samsung and they give me the run around as they have from other folks that I've read about on this forum or other forums that I will feel forced to switch to an iPhone because I'll have lost complete faith in Samsung. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for well over 20 years now and I don't want to have to switch but if they can't help after all this time on this issue which is clearly on them then I think I will have to switch. Of all the comments I read I wanted to reply to yours because before reading your comment I was already thinking this has to be something a lawyer would love because it would be a substantial amount of money if folks like us could rally together and bring a class action lawsuit against Samsung. The last 2 sentences you wrote absolutely hit the nail on the head when you said you'd make complaints until you were compensated. That's another reason I want to call them so I can document the date and time I called since all calls are recorded just in case this who thing turns into a debacle like I suspect it will.  I’ll come back when I get off the phone with them shortly and see if they can fix this problem or not. I’m hoping you’ll see this comment and give me your thoughts on the lawsuit. I’m sure if someone got the ball rolling all these other folks would be more than willing to sign the petition or join the lawsuit. Curious to hear your thoughts. I can be reached via email at natasha.jones1529@outlook.com if you wish to discuss this further.

0 Likes
Tasha4U
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mike! I'm going through this very thing as I type this. They just locked my phone out of the blue at 8:30 pm last night, with no warning. NOTHING!  I found a couple of YT videos online showing you how to unlock it yourself or either showing you their phone screen that looks identical to mine to prove they have the ability to help you get your yours unlocked but of course, they say they can't show you how to fix it because they are a tech business and need to make money off of you and your hardship so, therefore, they don't give you instructions on how to fix it until you contact them and make a payment of God only knows how much! Folks are greedy like that and I hope no one found that video and actually paid that YouTuber or any other company a single red cent to help unlock their phones considering there are so many others out here providing instructions free of charge.  I know this because I did find a couple of videos where folks were saying this free service or that free service would clear the lock. God Bless them for showing empathy for others going through the same thing. I haven't tried any of those free services yet or followed the instructions anyone else has provided. I plan to call Samsung firsthand myself. Although I believe everyone else on this thread who said Samsung could not help them but those were older posts such as yours which was 5 months ago.  I try to give people and companies the benefit of the doubt because I'm really hoping that by now Samsung has figured out what the problem is and have a solution to offer me so that I won't end up having a terrible change of heart in regards to Samsung. I absolutely hate Apple products but I'm afraid if I call Samsung and they give me the run around as they have from other folks that I've read about on this forum or other forums that I will feel forced to switch to an iPhone because I'll have lost complete faith in Samsung. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for well over 20 years now and I don't want to have to switch but if they can't help after all this time on this issue which is clearly on them then I think I will have to switch. Of all the comments I read I wanted to reply to yours because before reading your comment I was already thinking this has to be something a lawyer would love because it would be a substantial amount of money if folks like us could rally together and bring a class action lawsuit against Samsung. The last 2 sentences you wrote absolutely hit the nail on the head when you said you'd make complaints until you were compensated. That's another reason I want to call them so I can document the date and time I called since all calls are recorded just in case this who thing turns into a debacle like I suspect it will.  I’ll come back when I get off the phone with them shortly and see if they can fix this problem or not. I’m hoping you’ll see this comment and give me your thoughts on the lawsuit. I’m sure if someone got the ball rolling all these other folks would be more than willing to sign the petition or join the lawsuit. Curious to hear your thoughts. I can be reached via email at natasha.jones1529@outlook.com if you wish to discuss this further.

0 Likes
Tasha4U
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I just copied and pasted my reply to @MikeBeaty aka Journeyman because it seems we are all on the same page, unfortunately. My reply to him was as follows: "I'm going through this very thing as I type this. They just locked my phone out of the blue at 8:30 pm last night, with no warning. NOTHING!  I found a couple of YT videos online showing you how to unlock it yourself or either showing you their phone screen that looks identical to mine to prove they have the ability to help you get your yours unlocked but of course, they say they can't show you how to fix it because they are a tech business and need to make money off of you and your hardship so, therefore, they don't give you instructions on how to fix it until you contact them and make a payment of God only knows how much! Folks are greedy like that and I hope no one found that video and actually paid that YouTuber or any other company a single red cent to help unlock their phones considering there are so many others out here providing instructions free of charge.  I know this because I did find a couple of videos where folks were saying this free service or that free service would clear the lock. God Bless them for showing empathy for others going through the same thing. I haven't tried any of those free services yet or followed the instructions anyone else has provided. I plan to call Samsung firsthand myself. Although I believe everyone else on this thread who said Samsung could not help them but those were older posts such as yours which was 5 months ago.  I try to give people and companies the benefit of the doubt because I'm really hoping that by now Samsung has figured out what the problem is and have a solution to offer me so that I won't end up having a terrible change of heart in regards to Samsung. I absolutely hate Apple products but I'm afraid if I call Samsung and they give me the run around as they have from other folks that I've read about on this forum or other forums that I will feel forced to switch to an iPhone because I'll have lost complete faith in Samsung. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for well over 20 years now and I don't want to have to switch but if they can't help after all this time on this issue which is clearly on them then I think I will have to switch. Of all the comments I read I wanted to reply to yours because before reading your comment I was already thinking this has to be something a lawyer would love because it would be a substantial amount of money if folks like us could rally together and bring a class action lawsuit against Samsung. The last 2 sentences you wrote absolutely hit the nail on the head when you said you'd make complaints until you were compensated. That's another reason I want to call them so I can document the date and time I called since all calls are recorded just in case this who thing turns into a debacle like I suspect it will.  I’ll come back when I get off the phone with them shortly and see if they can fix this problem or not. I’m hoping you’ll see this comment and give me your thoughts on the lawsuit. I’m sure if someone got the ball rolling all these other folks would be more than willing to sign the petition or join the lawsuit. Curious to hear your thoughts. I can be reached via email at natasha.jones1529@outlook.com if you wish to discuss this further."

0 Likes