Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 01:50 PM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
Members_P8rc3fr
Student
Options

This is shocking - I got the notifications last night (new Flip3 bought direct from Samsung, they emailed on 11/10 to confirm receipt of trade-in device, nothing heard since). I've been trying to deal with Samsung all day on it - they have only been able to confirm that it's an error but were not able to confirm that they could stop my phone being bricked later this evening - it's hard to comprehend how they are aware that it is an error yet cannot stop the process!

Deppi
Explorer
Options
Done that and contacted Samsung on twitter.... Got a response that's it's a mistake and could take 3 to 5 days to solve.... And that my phone will still be locked today!
Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

I'm so angry with this, i have no other phone. They just push you to other departments and no one can help!

Members_P8rc3fr
Student
Options

Seeing as Samsung don't seem to be doing much about it I've contacted some of the media news rooms to see if they would be interested in picking up the story - a Samsung/MTR error leading to potentially thousands of new devices being bricked later on this evening and Samsung not doing much about it must be in the public interest surely

Asmith239
Explorer
Options

Good get the media on it, samsung will soon sort it when they come under scrutiny.

I suggest any UK based members who had issue contact trading standards as it is obviously a breach of customer rights to do it with no warning

Poxona
Explorer
Options
That's great let us know if you get anywhere!
Park life
Pioneer
Options

I can't get over the fact they can even do this. Its like selling a house and then turning up one day and changing the locks!  Seems unlawful. 

Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

the worst thing is we are all helpless and have no-one to help us. Just the same old templated response.

Deppi
Explorer
Options
I have done this already a d waiting for them to respond.
Thanks.
RichUK
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous, I assumed after buying this phone it would belong to me but it seems it will always belong to Samsung and I’m just borrowing it. I guess I can’t even return it now as I’ll never see my S10 again again that traded for it, this is so frustrating.