Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Icons

(Topic created on: 15-12-2019 11:13 AM)
feraltek
Journeyman
Options

How can I change app icons on a Galaxy Tab A 8inch?

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@feraltek: If you press and hold on a space on your Home screen and tap 'Themes' at the bottom, you can explore some alternate aesthetics for your tablet via the Galaxy Store.
0 Likes
feraltek
Journeyman
Options

When I press and hold there are three options at the bottom of the screen - Wallpapers, Widgets, and Home Screen Settings. There is no "Themes".

AndrewL
Options
Please can you confirm the model number of your tablet along with the current Android version, and I will look into this further for you.
0 Likes
feraltek
Journeyman
Options

Model SM-T290.  Android 9. Home Screen Version 10.0.15.79

Thanks for checking it. It's new with hardly anything altered from default, and only ten apps added.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
I've looked into this and sadly the Galaxy Tab A doesn't support the Samsung Theme service. If you open the Galaxy Store and search 'Themes' then there are a number of third party options for you to explore, but please be aware that these will be at a cost. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause you.
0 Likes
feraltek
Journeyman
Options
Ok and thanks.
0 Likes
SaraNoH2
First Poster
Options

I was just wondering if this would be an added benefit in the future? Meaning, will the galaxy tab a devices eventually support the theme service? I sure hope so otherwise I'm out. 

SajjadHaider
Student
Options
I'm wondering how to change an app logo on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch Android Q (10)
0 Likes
Members_PWUpGMB
First Poster
Options

This is disgusting.

The device is obviously limited on purpose.

0 Likes