Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast Audio to PC

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 11:29 PM)
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
I am trying to use the app LetsView and have managed to successfully send my tablet display to Windows (I don't know any other way) but Audio isn't being sent.

They have a trouble shooting page but it uses Huawei as an example here: https://letsview.com/faq/letsview-sync-sound.html

I cannot locate anything similar to their "settings > device connectivity" and wireless projection which allows sound projection.

Does this feature exist on Samsung devices under a different name or location?

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S7
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ubayd
Explorer
Options
Another way you can send audio to windows (if both devices have bluetooth) is by downloading "Bluetooth audio" (should be a black music icon) from the windows store.

Your tablet will connect to windows via Bluetooth and the audio will be sent to it as if the windows machine is a Bluetooth headset.
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
On reddit it has been suggested to try Samsung Dex as this should actually do what I need it to, I'll be trying that later.

I'll also try your suggestion and see how that goes. Thank you.
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options

Hello again Hello3,

Here's an update.

I downloaded and installed an app you suggested and it does eventually see the tablet. Is it right that it just looks like a window with a disconnect and connect button and the device name? it did have a music symbol and the bluetooth icon on it.

Samsung DEX is not working as it should be.

0 Likes
Ubayd
Explorer
Options
Yes, you have to go to the windows settings and pair/connect the tablet to your machine. Then the tablet will appear in the window
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Ok that sounds correct. Just need letsview and tablet to see each other on the same network again.
0 Likes
Ubayd
Explorer
Options
If your windows machine supports it (if it is relatively new) it should have a Miracast receiver built in so you can send the screen of your tablet to your computer natively without the use of third party software (using smart view).
If you can not see an app called "connect" in your windows start menu / app tray you may need to enable it from settings. Lmk if you're interested.
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
It does have miracast, needs to for letsview to function. I dont want the PC to mirror the tablet like it does when streaming to a TV what I need it to do is have the tablet screen in a window (which letsview provides) but with audio so that OBS can see both the audio and window input so I can stream a mobile game with an overlay on twitch.
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options

Managed to get it to send sound via that bluetooth app, or at least I thought but my laptop cannot hear it and there is nothing showing on the input devices.

0 Likes