Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback receipt?

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 11:43 AM)
Uxbridgehorn
Student
Options

Yesterday, I bought a new phone from Carphone Warehouse for my wife and was told by the sales person about the Samsung "Cashback offer". In a nutshell, this made the already wonderful purchase, even sweeter.

It was while submitting the phone’s purchase details, that I noticed that a purchase I had made earlier from Argos, (a Galaxy TabS5e), that this item was also covered under the cashback scheme. So I submitted the details - which were rejected.

The purchase met all the offer conditions and I believed this too would be accepted but no. It seems the receipt I supplied isn't acceptable. I called Argos who told me that the e-mail I received WAS the receipt and no other receipt could be issued. So what am I to do? I only have two e-mails from Argos, one telling me that my order was ready to collect and another (which Argos consider my receipt) thanking me for collecting it - as well as supplying the order number, credit card used, my address etc. on the document.

My question is this - Argos are adamant that my proof of collection IS my receipt and they will not supply me with anything else. Samsung seem to think that proof of collection, (and purchase), isn't satisfactory and will not proceed with the claim. Therefore what am I to do?

I am so pleased with the quality of my wife's phone; I was contemplating buying one for myself but now? I don't think so.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TracyR
Options

I'm glad you're liking the phone, @Uxbridgehorn, and I certainly don't want this experience to dampen your opinions!

Proof of collection can't be used as proof of purchase, when contacting Argos they should be able to provide you with the relevant document, I'm not sure why they're saying otherwise. 

It needs to be something like this:

ARGOSPOP.JPG

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Uxbridgehorn
Student
Options

Well Argos provide you with two documents - one that says your item is ready to collect, and one that says you have actually bought, (ie PAID FOR), and collected the item (which I supplied). 

Don't worry though because of your slippery actions, I bought a competitior's phone and I'm quite happy with that. Don't expect any more business from me in the future. 

0 Likes