Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant reset my Tab S2

(Topic created on: 19-04-2020 12:08 PM)
GreenSweeper77
Apprentice
Options

I am wanting to do a factory reset on my Tab S2 and when it gets to the point where i sign into my account to verify its me it then sends me a verification code to my phone which I put in and after putting in the two step verificaiton code It just reloads to the same screen telling me I will recieve a two step verification code and another code is sent to my phone. This keeps happening untill it says somthing along the lines of too many codes have been sent. I initially tried to reset it like a week ago and just now tried again but before trying this time I verified that bothy my Tab S2 and my S20 Ultra are both using the same time zones which they are and still have the same issue. 

10 REPLIES 10
AsadM
Options
Hi @GreenSweeper77. Hope you're doing well. Is there any reason behind you wanting to do a factory reset on the tablet? Do you have the option to enter your password when it asks you to sign into your account?
0 Likes
GreenSweeper77
Apprentice
Options

I am wanting to reset my tablet due to me hardly ever using it anymore since I got my laptop and I want to give the tablet to my wife to use. Yes, I sign into my Samsung account without issue when it asks me to. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine @GreenSweeper77  Have you tried to remove the Two Steps verification before attempting to reset the Tab?

To do this head into Settings> Cloud and accounts (or similar)> My profile> Manage Samsung Account> Enter your password or confirm your fingerprint> Tap the Security tab> Tap Turn off under “2-step verification"> Confirm. 

0 Likes
GreenSweeper77
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have attempted this previously, just attempted again just incase I was not doing it correctly before and same issue. After signing into my samsung account it asks for two step verification and sends the code to my phone. I immediatly put the verification code in and I get icon showing its signing in and once it does that I am right back to the two step veification request. Do it again and same thing happens until I do it enough times where it says too many attempts and wont let me do it any more. 

AndrewL
Options
@GreenSweeper77: Using an internet browser, go to account.samsung.com and sign in with your Samsung account details. In the Security section, can you disable 2-step verification from here?
0 Likes
GreenSweeper77
Apprentice
Options

No it does not give me the option to disable it in here. It shows two step  verification as being turned on but when i click on the two step verification section to get more options turning it off is not one of them. It does not even allow me to turn off sending the code to my phone numbe or deleting my phone number. I set up the autenticator app thinking that maybe it has something to do with with my number but it still sends the verification codes to my phone, if I use the one from the authenticator app it comes back as wrong code having been entered. When I put in the one it sends to my phone it does the whole process of logging back in again and then requesting the two step verification code that is sent to my phone all over again. Even tried entering my saved back up codes and that does nothing either. 

ezwollo87
Student
Options

I am having the same issue, I receive the sms code on my phone but when I enter it and press verify nothing happens. I do not have the option for back up codes or any other verification.

Please help!

GreenSweeper77
Apprentice
Options

Still in limbo on this, nothing anyone has suggested has worked. Now I am unsure if I want to use Samsung's two factor authentication system, that will knock their products off of any new upgrades list since it seems it's almost a must have form of protection now. 🙁

0 Likes
ezwollo87
Student
Options

I contacted Samsung and they turned the 2 step verification off, that worked!

0 Likes