Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant download extra Edge Panels on my Tab S8 Ultra

(Topic created on: 14-08-2022 04:08 PM)
Ceenivao
Student
Options

So i have a Tab S8 Ultra but i can't download extra edge panels from the galaxy store 

But on my S10+ i have this feature 

Honestly i think that on a tablet is more useful edge panel then the phone and if we have it on the phones why don't we have it on the tables

If somebody who is connected with Samsung can answer the question why is not a feature or simply  put it on the list to be added in the future that will be great 

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Ceenivao: For clarity, when you head to Settings > Display > Edge panels > Panels, is the Galaxy Store button missing from the bottom of the screen? Are you able to send a screenshot of the Panels screen so I can gain a better understanding of the issue? 

0 Likes
Ceenivao
Student
Options

Screenshot_20220814-143444_Edge panels.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-143444_Edge panels.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-143716_Edge panels.jpg

  

AndrewL
Options

@Ceenivao: Thank you for that. I have gone ahead and passed your query to our Research and Development Team, and will get back to you as soon as I have more information to share. 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I notice this is the case for all the tablets (S7 and S8 series at least).
0 Likes
leafarilongamor
Apprentice
Options

Tab S6 as well. Not to mention Tab S4 where the Edge Panel is not even available. So frustrating.

leafarilongamor
Apprentice
Options

I find this very frustrating as well.

There's an app called "1 Edge",  at Google Play store, that offers edge panels functionality to any Android device. Is the most elegant app of this kind I could find in app stores. I'm using it in my Galaxy Tab S4 as an alternative to the absent Samsung Edge Panels app.

It delivers less functionality than Samsung counterpart, especially the one available to (some) Samsung smartphones but delivers good experience. I just wish the developer could build integration to add panels from the Galaxy Store or similar functionality in the built-in panels. Calculator and Calendar, mainly.

I invite all people interested in this topic to try the app and give feedback to the developer, showing your interest in these features. 

Today the app is free, but I would not be bothered to pay a few bucks to have decent edge panel functionality and fuel some competition to Samsung at the same time. 

0 Likes
leafarilongamor
Apprentice
Options

Some screenshots to show you the potential:

Screenshot_20220903-000704_1 Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-000843_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
bhedia
First Poster
Options

Hey @AndrewL any update? Stuck with the same issue on my Galaxy Tab S8+.

Should I be waiting for the next update to resolve this?

0 Likes
Chris Hoang
First Poster
Options

Same with fold 4 and tab s7+ i think all samsung tab user have this issue its been a long time and no reply from Samsung very frustrated