Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can you move/install apps to the SD card on the Galaxy Tab A7?

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 04:41 PM)
John G
Apprentice
Options

I'm thinking of getting this tablet, but I've read that people have not been able to move their apps to the SD card. I'd be worried about running out of space for apps.

A mod on the US community stated that it's not allowed on their US tablets:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/new-galaxy-TAB-A7-10-4-Cannot-Move-APPA-to-SD-card-as-in...

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I'd like to point out I could be wrong here.

however that being said. as far as I know its no longer an option with newer android versions.

VERY specific few apps can still do it but it's a rare sight and are being phased out entirely due to the slow but steady removal of the sd storage options on devices.

I reckon we are More likely to soon see cloud app storage/installations (this has started already in other markets)

I would do some Google searches on the model and see what you can find. I did a quick one and there's mentions of only being able to if you root it.
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No you can't, I have that tablet and am using the card from my old tablet to backup onto using Samsung smart switch. you can store personal files on there too but not apps
iamcool133
Pioneer
Options
you can using developer options i saw other people do it but the main problem with that the app will run very slow in a sd card so I don't think its a good idea to do so
0 Likes
John G
Apprentice
Options

Cheers for the response. So you can't so it, even if you have the Developer Options enabled? I've seen people say the option isn't there.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
how slow really depends on the SD card class, I ran apps fine with my old Acer tablet from the SD card
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I've not explored them yet but will take a look
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
yes the option to force it is there

Screenshot_20210302-152029_Settings.jpg

John G
Apprentice
Options

That's quite interesting. Does it work though, I wonder?

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I'll try it and let you know
0 Likes