(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 08:23 PM)
RiaT-55
Explorer
Options

I have been trying to register my new Galaxy Tab A7

Product Type        Tablet

Serial Number      ***********

Model Code          SM- T500

Every time I put in the information needed (I got those from the box and back of the tablet) I get a pop up saying the details entered are incorrect.

It says:

Please check the numbers again or proceed with the registration again. Try again

I have tried chat support and spoke with a Samsung Agent, only to be told I reached Samsung Chat Technical Support Team. He told me he would transfer me to the Samsung Shop Support Team. I waited for half an hour, but I was never connected 😠

I am grateful for any help.

Ria

6 REPLIES 6
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try another browser
Samsung lnternet

Register Product

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/your-service/main
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There's a space you may need to get rid of in the model code, I don't know if that was just a typo here though. If you want to double check the tablet serial, open settings and go to About Tablet. To me it looks valid as mine is in the same format and digit length but just be careful to put zero instead of the letter O for example
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @RiaT-55 ,

I have edited your post, removing the serial number of your Tab as this can be used for other users here as this is a unique reference. Are you trying to register this for the warranty? If so, this gets automatically applied from the date of purchase. I would recommend keeping a copy of your proof of purchase to establish the true warranty date.

If you are still wanting to register this, can you try to do it from our Samsung Members app? To do this Launch the Samsung Members app> Get help> Register.

0 Likes
RiaT-55
Explorer
Options

I have tried on my Android Phone. Chrome. Didn't work either.

0 Likes
RiaT-55
Explorer
Options

I did check the tablet's serial number by opening settings and then going to about

I have tried all sorts of format  ☹️

0 Likes
RiaT-55
Explorer
Options

Hi

Thank you for removing the serial number, I didn't give that a thought.

Going to try to register on the Samsung Members app when I get it back from my daughter.

I didnt buy the tablet from Samsung direct. Will the warrenty still be automatically applied from the date of purchase?

0 Likes