Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can’t force shut down of s2 tablet

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 09:59 AM)
Lizzic
Apprentice
Options

I forgot my pattern but my tablet won't let me shut it down without entering it. Is there a way to force the tablet to

shut down? I need to do a factory reset but can't while it is on!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @Lizzic. If you have a Samsung account linked with   your Tab, take a look at this link. It will allow you to locate and unlock yourt Tab (providing you have internet access). Let me know if you are able to do this. 

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
CarlH
Options

Hi @Lizzic. If you have a Samsung account linked with   your Tab, take a look at this link. It will allow you to locate and unlock yourt Tab (providing you have internet access). Let me know if you are able to do this. 

Lizzic
Apprentice
Options

Have found a solution - was looking at my device in my samsung account and wondering why there weren't some options and out of sheer lack of anything else to do, I clicked on Find My Mobile.

That brought me to a screen that gave me an option to unlock the tablet remotely. Hallelujah.

So Find my Mobile will also Find your TABLET. ALthough it would have to be connected to the internet. I was at home and it was on our wifi.

Beat waiting for the battery to die and a hard re-set. Hopefully this will help others.

Lizzic
Apprentice
Options
Thank you! I had finally spotted that option in my Samsung account but i really appreciate the quick response.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes