Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery protection feature

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 09:04 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all , I see there's a battery protection feature in the settings so that it doesn't get charged above 85% and when you restart the tab it shows its at 100% ( but really it's at 85% ) does anyone use this and basically does it work as it should ??? 
23 REPLIES 23
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I used it from day one, it's something I think they should have in there phones settings to. Especially if it extends the health of your battery life. The only way to tell if its working is to turn it off. Charge to 100% and see if you do get more battery then you do when charging to 85%. I'm guessing it does work. If it didn't bit of a pointless feature.
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hiya Fiona , so I take it that with its turned on ( and after a restart ) that when I charge it it will show on the notification bar it's charged to 100% but really it will only be 85% ? 

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah that's correct. It will still show 100% but it's in fact only charged to 85%. I must say with it turned on on my tab s7+. I still get pretty good battery. Getting around 8 hours screen on time.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have not used Battery protect myself and does not seem to be available on mobiles  (though tend not to fully charge) thanks for your input  @Fiona26 .   A bit about it here https://docs.samsungknox.com/admin/knox-configure/kbas/kba-322-device-shows-battery-life-100.htm  plus General Battery Tips https://www.techadvisor.com/how-to/mobile-phone/charge-phone-properly-3619623/ 

A few on this thread thought it did not work properly but some of that may be  due to a misunderstanding of how the feature operates.   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/protect-battery-feature-doesn-t-work-tab-s6-lite/td-p/30... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for your replies , I've decided I'm not going to use this feature because if it's on then off I'll never know truly if it's at 100% again , so I'm going to charge when the tab gets to about 20% ( it's on 23% now and just put in charge ) to 80% / 85% then take it off charge , same as the feature but manually done

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
To be honest as long as you don't leave you tab at 100% for long you will be OK, I have charged my Samsung phones over night every night and have never seen a problem
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
If you leave your tab plugged in or it's switched off at 100% for days then the feature is definitely worth using
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I charged it to 100% , as soon as it said " fully charged " I took it off charge so I'm sure a mixture of turning off sometimes at 100 or 85 won't make that much of a difference

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
No its only if you charge it to 100 switch it off and leave it for days on end or leave it plugged in for days, other than that your fine