Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not working

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 10:29 PM)
PJ8
Student
Options

After an overnight update by Google, now the Google group of apps will open but when used the app just closes and the tablet goes back to the home screen. There is a box that pops up every time saying app has stopped working. I can access Google and outlook and other sites through the internet okay. I have tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling but the same thing happens.

35 REPLIES 35
encskir
First Poster
Options

Could not have said it better, I've spent hours trying to fix this.  Kudos to you who came up with this fix!! ENC

0 Likes
Billy46
First Poster
Options

I can't open links on apps and Gmail. Keeps saying "can not open in Samsung internet 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Billy46: Can you try going to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Default apps > Browser app, and change this from Samsung Internet to Chrome, to see if this helps?
0 Likes
hfs2
First Poster
Options

Similar behavior with my Tab A 10.1". After various updates (including Chrome) on 2020-05-11, numerous apps (not just Google apps) would report "[such-and-such] has stopped".  Chrome, Gmail, Play Books, News, Maps.me, Flow-free game, Osmos-HD game, Magzter. After viewing this article (2020-05-20) I had another Chrome update, which appears to have fixed the issues caused by the 2020-05-11 update.

So I'm not 100% that disabling Chrome would have fixed the problems, but Chrome was definitely at the heart of them.

---

p.s. found this thread via search. Looks like this is EU forum; I'm USA resident. Don't think that matters much for this issue.

Eemz
First Poster
Options

Just brilliant! Thank you so much! I had tried everything i could think of...I even have an extra 64G of memory card in it now too, as that was one of my "tries"! 

Chrome now disabled. All apps work fine again like nothing was ever the matter! I dont use Chrome anyway so it's no bother either.

Love these forums. The manufacturers are never any help! Just persistent people with a will to make things work :smiling-face: 

Thank you.

0 Likes
calvincalvin
First Poster
Options

Good job dude. I was about to reset it back to factory and then try to put everything back. You saved the day!!

0 Likes
Jane_2020
First Poster
Options

A million thank you's!

Chrome update ran last night, I uninstalled it via the play store. Everything is working now!

0 Likes
Nikolee
First Poster
Options
I've tried this and still no joy!! a handful of app still work but most of them just stop before they even open properly! I have tried all the online fixes except the factory reset.. any ideas? Really hoping i don't have to factory reset...
0 Likes
Aquaduck
Journeyman
Options
Not only does my camera no longer work, but now my Internet banking app won't open. I've tried uninstall and re installing, and now it won't open again. SAMSUNG, WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE???
Greeny0601
Explorer
Options
Check my post for fix