Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Another Tab s7+ update.

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Fiona26
Troubleshooter
Options
Tablets

Another update for the tab s7+ June security patch. 
9 REPLIES 9
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Tablets
That's good I thought tabs only got quarterly updates?
Fiona26
Troubleshooter
Options
Tablets
That's what I thought, but since getting a tab s7 back in December it's had every months security patch. I'm not complaining.
Joeeye
Hotshot
Options
Tablets
Even my old Tab A 10.1 got a recent update to OneUI 3.1 and its been amazing. Breathes new life into it as its much smoother, more responsive and has even better battery life than before.

Thanks for the heads up on this update @Fiona26! 👍

Already spotted one difference (well I never saw it do this before), whilst booting up the splash screen showing the device name was in landscape, it's always only shown in portrait as far as I've seen. I know it's a silly observation 🤪
AshS21
Big Cheese
Options
Tablets
That's good me neither
Fiona26
Troubleshooter
Options
Tablets
It's always been in portrait and I didn't even notice. Had to do a restart just now to see. 😂
0 Likes
Options
Tablets

Tab S7 here.

Just been offered June update including Boot screen change to landscape. Why on earth would I want this?
It pointed me to the Samsung website for more details - but the latest update shown on there is the May one.
I very rarely use landscape mode. So what possible benefit is an enforced landscape boot? Can anyone explain? 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Hotshot
Options
Tablets
It's not enforced as it very much boots portrait too. Besides it's just a boot logo screen, what does it matter if its portrait or landscape?
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Thanks. If its just the logo it doesn't matter at all. It would have been nice for the update warning to actually say that.
If it's the number pad as well that would make signing in a pain when it decides I've used fingerprint login enough.
Once signed in does it revert to the home screen in portrait?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Hotshot
Options
Tablets
It's all the same as before, only the boot logo screen can go landscape that's all.