Updated my A7 Lite today with Android 12 and the apps on my SD card are no longer accessible. The update to Android 12 has basically killed the 'Move to SD' functionality which Android 11 had. If an app is moved to SD to fails with 'Not Enough Storage' error even though there's 10s of Gb free on the SD card. I've tried everything; formatting/mounting & unmounting card and even a factory reset assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't. I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can be accessed / played / read without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. I read changelogs, nowhere was it mentioned that the move to SD card feature has been removed.
2. If they removed it - they would have removed the option to do so too - not let it attempt the move then fail
3. Yes some developers restrict moving to SD at their own discretion - this is fine we are not talking about those apps -this can also be overridden in developer options at your own risk anyway, and does not require you to root your device.
4. Google DID NOT REMOVE the move to SD card feature - please prove me wrong, I checked all release notes and changelogs I could find and nowhere did it mention this was remove. Please supply some evidence to substantiate your claims. Mentioned this in this thread before.
5. I have 2 other unrooted Samsung devices with android 12 that can still move apps to SD card 1xM21 and 1xA53 and all apps work 100% fine - further proof that Google did not remove the feature
I agree with you AndroidUser ~ the option is still there in Android 12. On other Samsung products it still works but not for some reason on the A7 Lite. Google hasn't removed it from Android at all so no point in responding to posters claiming they have because it's BS Still waiting for Samsung to pull their finger out and actually do something that numerous users have flagged...
Google updates Samsung devices? Odd. Microsoft update Sony as well?
If they did update perhaps they should have removed it from the device that you could move apps to sd, as well as scrub their own faqs of all mention of how you can. Im not sure why youre so adamant to defend samsung on this. Your posts are rather ignorant, saying the devices are old and outdated like a samsung buy bot, i guarentee the 2 i bought will be the last samsung tablets i purchase. Just like their tvs are garbage, full of ads and faulty. Time to trade brands for a device with support andd reasonable quality