Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 update has messed up 'move to SD' functionality.

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 07:34 PM)
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

Updated my A7 Lite today with Android 12 and the apps on my SD card are no longer accessible.  The update to Android 12 has basically killed the 'Move to SD' functionality which Android 11 had.  If an app is moved to SD to fails with 'Not Enough Storage' error even though there's 10s of Gb free on the SD card.  I've tried everything; formatting/mounting & unmounting card and even a factory reset assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't.  I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can be accessed / played / read without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.

75 REPLIES 75
AndroidUser_
Apprentice
Options

Agreed, losing the ability to use external storage for apps will severely cripple lower spec devices with card slots.

Thanks for the update - I will raise an error report too.

Do let us know if they fix it!

Members_Q36wIxG
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue. Everthing great until Android 12 update then no facility to save apps to SD card.

Come on guys, sort this ***** out will ya!

jasonuk
Explorer
Options
The more of us that submit an error report the more likely we'll see a fix
Boug
First Poster
Options

Other devices seem to get around this by allowing SDcard to be used as internal storage rather than move apps to SDcard, however this does not seem possible either on samsung as the format as internal storage has been removed

Members_9dHCXIm
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, also opened a ticket in Samsung Members so now we must wait.

JamieLynn
Student
Options

Also have this issue, createda ticket but was told it was a hardware issue

0 Likes
Members_2CEvUEz
First Poster
Options

I have submitted a report but it seems that a robot replies telling me happily that you can move apps (though not all apps) to the sd card when it is very clear that you cannot move any apps with android 12. Is there any point in continuing to talk to a robot ...? The definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different answer ........

jasonuk
Explorer
Options
Submitting error report via samsung members app didnt generate a robot response for me and @jamimelynn it definitely isnt hardware issue.
Bmas_6511
First Poster
Options

When first purchased apps could be moved, after the update, that was denied. 

rogermw
Pioneer
Options
I believe under the consumer rights act 2015 this may now class the a7lite as not fit for purpose so we would be entitled to a refund or replacement tablet with at least 138gb internal memory , I have requested this