Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update on Samsung Galaxy S5e Tablet

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 08:18 PM)
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options
Anyone else had their S5e tablet occasionally stutter or slow down since updating to Android 10? Mine was working fine under Android 9, but has now lags from time to time in various applications/settings. I've tried a factory reset but no improvement. 
18 REPLIES 18
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Daggerlane, are you still experiencing issues with this? If so, can you try starting the tablet in Safe Mode and monitoring it for a few hours to see if the situation improves? To start the tablet in Safe Mode, turn it off, then back on and when the Samsung logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until Safe Mode is displayed. To exit Safe Mode, simply restart the tablet. If the issue disappears in Safe Mode, this would mean that a third-party app is causing it.

Iy2KoI
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. They have to slow down our devices as they always do, otherwise we wouldn’t buy the new "flagship". There will never be a solution, deal with it.

0 Likes
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

Thanks for this. I'll go through it shortly  and report back. 

0 Likes
FlorisG
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this problem. When using the official F1 app the driver tracker was stuttering. Something that was new (updated this week to android 10). Some other apps aren't working as smooth as before

0 Likes
Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

At least I'm not the only one with post-Android 10 update problems! The freezing/stuttering performance is random but particularly noticeable when the tablet is restarted/woken up.

0 Likes
Members_Ql5b0s5
First Poster
Options

Mine updated few days ago and constantly freezing, this tablet is only 8 months old, this is unacceptable, what is Samsung doing about it. Is it possible to reinstall or reverse the last update???

Daggerlane
Explorer
Options

But the freezing/stuttering problems appear to be affecting many S5e users who have upgraded to Android 10, so does that mean we all have an app or apps that are causing these problems? 

0 Likes
waspattack
Apprentice
Options

Android 10 has caused a slow Wifi issue on the S5e.   Speed is way slower than any other device on my network and the problem seems to be a conflict with the 2.4 and 5Ghz Wifi bands.

I sent a brand new S5e tab back because the Wifi was very poor.  I didn't realise it was the Android 10 update at the time.

They sent me a new replacement and I have stuck with Android 9 and it has no issues.

Crazy they haven't fixed this yet.

Shades
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I have this open on another thread. We have 2 5e's, I load my tablet with all sorts of apps, my wife has bare minimum, Facebook, news reader, etc.   We both have awful lag/slowdown for about 10-15 seconds, its really bad and all immediately following the android 10 update. It is noticeable lately when turning on screen (opening cover), get the freeze then about 20 seconds later.

Please fix Samsung.  For me this is a lot WORSE than the WiFi issue.  Once connected ours stay active. 

Really defeats the object of having high end tablet.