Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 04:11 PM)
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

I don't know if this is an android or a Samsung issue.

After the latest update released by the end of April, my Galaxy Tab S6 has problems with the Arabic keyboard.

When switching to symbols keys on the Arabic keyboard , the numbers switch to English and the question mark is facing the opposite side. Also symbols like % appear on the wrong side of the number if I'm using Arabic numbers.

This mess happens on the Tab S6 only. My Note 9 is working fine with the last update.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Ozie
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue after updating my S10+ phone about a month ago. I waited for the next update to fix it, but I just ran the new update and the same issue persists. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Tuomas
First Poster
Options

I have also problems after updating to Android 10. I have only QWERTY Finnish keyboard set, but when I start typing the keyboard is English UK. More annoying problem is that the first row of keys in Finnish/Swedish layout is shifted to right so keys are in wrong placeScreenshot_20200506-231418_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes
Hassan-eldeeb
Student
Options

Hi there I'm suffering from a similar problem with Samsung keyboard on Tab S6 after updating to Android 10 the problem is is that some particular Letters are not working properly like Hamzah in the middle of the word.Another problem is that the keyboard responds to touches in some places, especially when using the S Pen

I tried all the solutions and also contacted the Samsung customer service in my country Egypt, but it was useless.

I hope that Samsung will come to near solutions especially that this tab is for productivity and communication

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

There was a new update today for my tab S6 that solved the issue of the right to left key board, I'm not sure though it's resolved for other devices. The question mark issue and the issue with the Hamza in the middle of the word are ok now.

Yet there's still another problem with the English keyboard that's not yet resolved since the previous update. It's not really a problem. It's rather a change but a little bit annoying.

As the keyboard  starts the new lines with capital letters it still kept the full stop and the comma as default to start with. Now it starts with a question mark and an exclamation mark.

Hassan-eldeeb
Student
Options

Thank you very much for your interest

I would like to inform you that the problem was completely resolved after a recent update yesterday.

I am happy and satisfied with Samsung!