Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created on: 01-05-2020 07:45 PM)
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

I don't know if this is an android or a Samsung issue.

After the latest update released by the end of April, my Galaxy Tab S6 has problems with the Arabic keyboard.

When switching to symbols keys on the Arabic keyboard , the numbers switch to English and the question mark is facing the opposite side. Also symbols like % appear on the wrong side of the number if I'm using Arabic numbers.

This mess happens on the Tab S6 only. My Note 9 is working fine with the last update.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @HalaPhilip ,

is this affecting your Samsung keyboard or any other one? Are all your apps up to date?

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

Hi,
This problem is with the Tab S6 only on all apps that need typing. All apps are updated.
I have another Samsung device which is Note 9 and it was not affected by the latest update.
The new update for Tab S6 included some features for the keyboard.

Of course I'm talking about the on-screen keyboard. 
I hope I was able to answer your question because English is not my first language.

Best regards, 
Hala

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

You have responded to all my questions @HalaPhilip.

Have you tried to remove one of the languages and re-add after restarting the Tab? You can do this from Settings> General management> Language and input> Language> Select one of these and remove it.

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
Tried what you suggested but unfortunately didn't work. I think there's something needs to be fixed with the update. I don't think it has something to do with my device or my software in particular. I think this problem needs to be forwarded to the developers.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is my next suggestion. Have you tried to send an error report to our developers via Samsung Members> Menu (3 Lines in the top left) > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options
Yes I tried it first. Is it a real customer support? It looked like an automated answering system. Whatever I send or report, they just reply INSTANTLY that I need to do a factory reset. The reply is posted the moment I send my report no matter what I say. I doubt there's a human being reading those error reports.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. Due to the current situation,  the Members app is currently out of operation. Error Reports are still being collated, but our colleagues aren't currently capable of replying to our customer's queries and answering their Error Reports so I would suggest sending this again once that all this is over so they can investigate this.

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options
Thank you very much for trying to help. I think I'll have to wait till the next update may be they fix it. I don't think this is an issue that can be resolved individually via any customer support. I think it's a problem with all the right-to-left languages. This is an issue that needs to be forwarded to the developers.
Thanks again.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I am confident that this will be resolved by our developers once that they are back to work. Have a lovely weekend and stay safe. 

0 Likes