Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always on display for tablets

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 01:33 AM)
tonymobbs
First Poster
Options
I have recently done a redecoration and found that i will be using my S6 tablet as a bedside clock. But the only way i can get the clock to fill the screen is if it is on charge, (Daily board) but I don't want to keep my tablet always on charge. So I went looking for the always on display but its not on my tablet. I spoke to a brilliant assistant and she told me its not installed on the tablets its a brilliant feature on samsung devices , I love it on my phone but It would be a brilliant thing to have on the tablet due to the larger screen I hope this is something that the software developers consider for future updates 
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tonymobbs 

Thanks for your suggestion. We've forwarded this on to our Development Team for their perusal. We'll let you know once we get have a response.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @tonymobbs 

We've just had the following back from our Developers in response to your suggestion:

"Developers claim that Samsung Tablets currently do not have AOD functionality as their displays are LCD and there is a power consumption issue that prohibits AOD functionality on these displays. However, there is a similar function to AOD, which is the 'Daily board' function. This can be used in settings when charging the device. Unfortunately, the option is not available when not charging."

Hope this helps!

Tinchek
First Poster
Options

"Developers claim that Samsung Tablets currently do not have AOD functionality as their displays are LCD" well that's weird because my Tab S6 has a SuperAMOLED display, so I don't see no reason why it's shouldn't have an always-on display.

0 Likes
TechEmma
First Poster
Options

I know it has been some time since this was posted but I have found a solution for this issue if you are still looking for one. Check out the Charge Check technology from Lava Computers : https://lavasimulcharge.com/products/

Or give the Lava support a call and the engineers will be able to walk you through a solution!

Hope this helps!

0 Likes