Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Advice upgrading my Samsung Galaxy tablet

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 03:50 PM)
HelenH2
Journeyman
Options

I don't use a mobile phone so I rely on my Tablet for apps.  I want to move up from my SM-T280 (which is stuck on Android 5.1.1).   So many apps need at least Android version 6.  I especially want to get the Barclays bank app.

Can anyone advise please?  The tablet must be as small and light as possible as I also use it for GPS navigation apps when out hiking.

Thanks for reading, Helen

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@HelenH2: If you're looking to upgrade, and wanted great value for money, then I recommend checking out our current A Series of tablets, specifically the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. It has a slightly larger screen that your Tab A 2016, at 8.7 inches, but it comes with Android 11 out of the box, and will be compatible with all the latest applications. Plus, the LTE model will allow you to connect to Mobile Data while you're out and about, so you can access your GPS navigation via apps such as Google Maps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/tablets/galaxy-tab-a/galaxy-tab-a7-lite-lte-gray-2tb-sm-t225nzaaeua/

I hope this helps. 

Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
I hate to say it being a big fan of Samsung but I think you might be better with an ipad mini, especially if you want to be still able to use current apps in 4+ years. Android can't compete with the lifespan of apple devices, the battery doesn't drain anywhere near as quickly if the device isn't in use. I have a galaxy tab S8 ultra and an ipad mini 5, I know which one will still be in use in 2+ years. There's also the range of accessories for it, the device itself is small enough and thin enough to fit in my back pocket, even with a thick spigen case. Sorry Samsung but for a pocket size tablet I expect to still be supported in a good few years I'd go with Apple😬
0 Likes