Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to canon camera .cr3 files

(Topic created on: 19-07-2021 03:26 PM)
steveiepoo
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know how I can get my tab s7+ (android 11) to recognise .cr3 files?  According to Google, android 11 should have fixed this problem.  MyFiles, fileCommander and photoshopExpress all fail to recognise the files as valid; I cannot even copy them.  The files open successfully on my Windows PC with various applications so the files are fine.  
Is this a problem with the Samsung android flavour -- does anyone know if & when it might be fixed?
Very frustrating not being able to view my photos.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Possibly try a third-party app off the Google Play Store. Something like a .cr3 file viewer, share, editor. 😊
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 11 does not support these files. Google gave incorrect information. Nothing to do with Samsung. Some have had limited success with Adobe Lightroom.
0 Likes
steveiepoo
Apprentice
Options
Ben doing some experiments -- if I copy the .cr3 files to local storage of the internal sd card they are available in myFiles which then allows me to open them with PSExpress. Works Great. However if they are on a device attached to the s7 via the USB port (memorystick/hard drive) I cannot open them - file unsupported or corrupt. If the same files are on a cloud drive - onedrive or Google drive the also fail to open in PSExpress with the same error. Not sure what is going on - any ideas? Attaching drives via the USB c port seems to give me trouble -- worked great on my s3 with android 9
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wonder if it's to do with the file system. Android runs ext4 but your media is likely to be FAT32 so I would try formatting the SD card to ext4. It would be interesting to know the result.
0 Likes
steveiepoo
Apprentice
Options
Will give it a whirl & let you know
0 Likes
steveiepoo
Apprentice
Options
Makes no difference -- the onboard sd card is formatted FAT32 & works fine while attached storage fails. Will try some new leads etc. Also noticed the using my USB hub with a power supply give the message -- restart your tablet device removed unsafe every few minutes. Disconnecting the power supply removed the message.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung devices are picky with leads. Try the lead that came with the phone
0 Likes
SuHii3
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem...the workaround i foud is to hold on the .cr3 file and select "rename" then change it to .cr2...then it should be working. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Wimmerman
Apprentice
Options

I use USB mexia explorer. That recognizes mij Canon 90d and the cr3 files. I import the Giles to my tablet and shares them from there with lightroom mobile. 

0 Likes