Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A7 lite ruined by android12

(Topic created on: 22-10-2022 12:27 PM)
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
As samsung have removed the ability to have apps on the sd card  when updated to android 12 if I factory reset my tablet will it be back on android 11 ?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @rogermw ,

this is down to the app developers as most of them need to run on the device's internal memory in order to work as they should. 

In regard to the software version, you won't be able to go back to previous versions once that you have updated the Tablet, we're afraid. 

0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
If I had been warned that android 12 would ruin my tablet i would have turned off updates . Most of my apps ran very happily on sd with android 11
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
The apps that say they can be transferred to sd card are blocked from doing so by samsungs version of android 12 , they worked well on android 11
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

This issue has nothing to do with app developers this is a samsung issue.  Move to SD worked perfectly on the A7 Lite with Android 11  but no longer functions with Android 12 even though it should as it has the option in the app settings.  This has now been raised multiple times by A7 Lite owners so please (moderators) stop responding with false explanations and do something!

JamieLynn
Student
Options

This is not what the issue is; it will seem to allow you to transfer the app to the card but when it's finished, you get a 'not enough storage space message' regardless of how much space the card has and the app will still be stored on the tablet.

KEBEAR
First Poster
Options

Same issue.  Allows you to hit the change button allows you to hit the move button but won't move it has not enough memory error.  Garbage!

Ositoosito
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with an A7 Lite. Makes the tablet virtually useless. If Samsung ever want me to buy another product from them this needs to be fixed.

rogermw
Pioneer
Options
After a lot of complaints to Samsung who wernt interested i told my retailer that it was not fit for purpose under the consumer rights act 2015 and they refunded me
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
See if your retailer will refund you like mine did when I quoted the consumer rights act 2015
0 Likes