Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread msg numbers

Why dont you bring back the facility of unread messages number on App? We used to have that, but now if you open an App, even if u don't read message, the number outside app disappears. 

Not only that, if you clear notification from lock screen, it also removes numbers from the app on your home screen.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @NewAge 

This feature has been introduced in Android 9 by Google.

I am not sure if that can be changed or altered, but I will share it with the development team, so they can have a look at it :winking-face:

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

This was one of the biggest frustrations with Android 9 for me.

My unread email count has gone through the roof since the unread badge was removed.

I used to swipe a notification away, then clear the unread count when I had time. 

Now I swipe the notification away and there's no unread count to remind me to read through emails. 

NewAge
Navigator
Options

Exactly, during the day, while at work, I swipe away notification, and when I get time at home, check everything that has unread numbers.

Let's see developers get kind enough and brings it back.

(Why take away feature if its not broken or causing any problem?)

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Yep that's exactly what I do. Also sometimes I'll swipe the notification away to clean up the bar if I'm in the middle of something - like the email notification that just came through about your reply, as I was already on the site and saw the notification here too. 

NewAge
Navigator
Options

@TomaszT 

Hey TomaszT,

Have u heard anything back from developers? Really want this one feature to arrive back.

😀👍

Thanks

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@TomaszT anything?