Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Fingerprint

(Topic created on: 27-10-2020 08:51 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Can you bring back the Secure Folder designated fingerprint feature. So only one particular fingerprint can unlock it.
Added security that used to be on my old S9+
no reason it can't be on this. 
4 REPLIES 4
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Can I ask why one particular finger? Why not as it is any registered fingerprint? Just trying to work out your reasoning. Thanks Paul
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Added security, for whatever reason someone tries to make you unlock it and it doesn't with your "usual" finger. Makes it looks broken instead.
Or, and probably the most likely use case. If you have family that you let use your phone but don't want them to access your work/private stuff. So, only your fingerprint will work.

Similarly I think you should allow different fingers for use of unlocking the device, and making payments. Kids should be allowed to unlock the phone if they want to play a game or watch YouTube. But should they click on something like an in app purchase or a movie rental. Their fingerprint won't authenticate the purchase.
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Eltas,

I've just shared your suggestion with our development department! 😉

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options
cracking suggestion this Eltas. great reasoning too, id add my kids fingerprint, but I don't really want her going in secure folder lol