Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save to Gallery

(Topic created on: 30-10-2020 08:34 AM)
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
The option to 'Save to Gallery' a photo within Apps (WhatsApp for example) was never there and still a no show within the share menu on OneUI 3.0. There is no way of saving photos unless that specific app have a save/download button. 
6 REPLIES 6
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
The save to phone is available on Facebook for example where as WhatsApp it has always had its own folder/album within your gallery, so in theory they save them self unless the option to auto download images is disabled in the WhatsApp settings.
It works from what i can see, WhatsApp never had this feature
0 Likes
NV_UK
Navigator
Options
You are right but personally I don't want every random photo sent to me via WhatsApp in my gallery - I want control over it. Google Photos have the save option 'upload to photos' within the Share menu on any app, so regardless the App design the option is there. I'm suggesting the same for the Gallery app.
0 Likes
callum_emery
Pioneer
Options
This is a very good point and definitely something missing from OneUi.

It may seem small but I often have to share media to an app that has a save button just to get that media into my camera roll.

It's simple but would make a great addition, just a universal 'save to photos' button in the share menu would be great, it's something I miss from iOS.
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Any idea how stock Android handles it? 

It's something that's always bugged me. I've never used stock android to compare though.

But yes, a gallery option would be good.

The baby monitor app I use has the share sheet, and I usually have to share it to InShot (or another editing app) to then be able to save it to my gallery. 

Even the file manager apps don't offer an option to save it locally, they just give options to upload or share it to a network or local device. 

NV_UK
Navigator
Options
Stock android depends on the app to list that option in the Share menu. Therefore it comes down to the Gallery app to implement this so it becomes available.
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@NV_UK,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll forward your suggestion to our development team 😉. Indeed, it would be great to have this option introduced on our devices! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed: