Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Measure App

0 Likes

Can this be allowed for S9

6 Comments
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

@djshaunyg,

Could you please provide more information regarding your suggestion? What do you think should be allowed? :smiling-face::sun-with-face: 

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I think it's about Quick Measure app. 

If so then it can't be used on S9 / S9+ because the app requires 3D Deph Camera to work. 

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/quick-measure/

MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@djshaunyg,

If you suggest adding the Quick Measure app to the Samsung S9 / S9+, unfortunately it cannot be provided due to the hardware limitations of the camera :(.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! :smiling-face::sun-with-face: 
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

djshaunyg
Navigator
Options

Yes i meant the quick measure app.

I have an ipad pro that can use there own measure app that works really well without a 3D depth camera.

I also downloaded a Google Measure app on my s9 from the Google Playsrore that had lots of potential (without the use of a 3D depth camera).

I was wondering if it could be added without the use of a 3D depth camera to the s9 similar to the two options mentioned above.

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

Probably the Quick Measure app is designed to strictly use 3D deph camera and to enable it to work without deph camera would require a big change in app code or even rewriting the app. 

So the apps are simply divided into two groups the ones that require deph camera and those which doesn't.